• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F.S 6MMBR custom

308 nate

I have for sale this custom 6mmbr. 1 in 14 twist chambered with a 6MMBR .272 neck, .040 free bore for the 55 - 70 gr. bullets.
Here is the make up of the rifle:
Stevens short action completly blueprinted(meaning the receiver was dialed into the race way and I single point re-cut the receiver threads true with the raceway. Trued the receiver face and trued the locking lugs.Then the bolt head was made true from the locking lug to the bolt face.)Also an SSS surface ground recoil lug was used. Then I installed one of my badger style bolt knobs and helical fluted the bolt body.

The barrel is a Stainless Steel match barrel which came out of a rifle I took in on trade. It was chambered in 6MMRem.AI with a tight neck. I felt the 6BR would be better suited for the slow twist barrel,so I fluted the barrel with eight 5/16 flutes .100 deep. Then I cast a lead cast of the bore then lapped the barrel. After this I cut off the muzzle and recrowned.Then the threaded portion was cut off, re-threaded then chambered with my 6br .272 neck .040 free bore reamer for the light bullets.The barrel has a finished lengh of 25". I then engraved the caliber on the barrel and coated the flutes and engraving with a matte black teflon coat by KG.

A side note on the barrel. The barrel appeared to be shot very little. There was little to no throat errosion.I also inspected the chamber as being true with the bore and it was very true. As far as the fluting, I suspect this barrel may have been a cut rifle barrel as I did not feel where my flutes started and stopped when I lapped the barrel. I was very pleased with how the barrel turned out.

the barreled action was then pillar bedded into this stock (which also came to me as a trade in. stock by SSS )Then I installed a sharp shooter trigger and adjusted to a very clean 1 lb.. After this I modified the magazine box to feed the shorter 6br cases.
I am including all but the rings and scope for $1250.

Then for the fun....to see how it shoots. I went out a couple of weeks ago and shot this 4 shot group with some ammo I had previously loaded for a 6br. 55gr. noslers,with 35grs. of AA 2230. I did not crony this load. Conditions when shooting this load -calm and VERY cold (-10F) so I only shot one group and here it is. 4 shots .300 at 100yds.

Here are some pixs of the rifle. This rifle would make an awesome short to mid range varmint rifle (100 - 500 yds.)

Thanks for lookin'
308nate

6br2.jpg

6br.jpg

6br5.jpg

6br4.jpg

6br3.jpg

Great looking rifle and a good deal for sombody looking to get a new varmint rig.
Wish I had the money for it.

Saturday morning I decided to load up some rounds with
RE 10X. Well, it didn't take me long and I worked up to 33.5 grs. of reloader 10 with the 55gr. Nosler BT molly coated. Rem.7.5 primers and Lapua 6mmbr cases.I then shot these four groups,two at 100 yds. and two at 300 yds.
Conditions~ -5 degrees F. wind gusting from 3-7 MPH. from
2 o'clock position and overcast. I also cronyed the rounds with my pact crony at 3930 average muzzle velocity with an E.S of 11.8. This load did show some signs of presser on the primers but was easy extracting and there was no ejector marks on the cases. Please don't start with this load and I may need to back down for a summer load. needless to say I was very pleased. and am very confident this will make someone an awesome varmint rifle. Due to an e-mail I got from someone on 6MMBR.com I am lowering my price to <font color="red">$1050 and I will also include 50 rds. of ammo if the buyer is interested.</font> I am only interested in my customers 100% satisfaction and in no way want to overprice my products. If you were to build something with all the customizations this rifle has, using all new components it would be running around $1600. Again I never expected to get that from it. I will also add if the customer is not 100% satified with this rifle I will take it back (in the same condition it was received in) for a total refund. I like to keep things in the open. This is what the guys
e-amil said............

[ QUOTE ]
$1,250 for a reworked Stevens? With a used barrel and other takeoff parts? Seems about $500 too high.

$200 for the action, $150 for a takeoff bbl, $150 for a takeoff stock, that's $500 in parts. Add in the work you did for another couple hundred...

You can buy a brand new Savage 'F' class rifle for $900...

Good luck getting your price, but I think you're gonna be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

target1001.jpg

two groups @ 100yds. the one on the left is a 3-shot group measuring .260 center to center and the one on right is a 5-shot measuring .475. I feel the rifle could even hold tighter than this as I was holding no steadier than these groups. I had no cradel on the front rest and this portable shooting bench is a little on the flimsy side. I did change mechanical point of impact from group one to group two on both the 100 and 300 yd. targets.
target1002.jpg

two groups fired @ 300yds. one on the left is a 3-shot group measuring 1 inch and the one on the right is a 5 shot group measuring right at 1-1/2 inches. the wind was gusting on this one.
target3001.jpg

308nate

Buy from Nathan with 110% confidence. Up front and does outstanding work. I can say this for I have a rifle he made about 2months ago. *Great work again*

Nathan, you still amaze me when I see what u did to that rifle, just completely awesome looking!!!! Good luck on the sale.
-tbeasley

tbeasley,
Thank you for the kind words and I must say it takes more than a fine rifle to shoot to it's highest potential and by the looks of the pixs of the targets you sent me, you can shoot with the best of them...even in difficult conditions.
Respectfully,
308nate

To anyone interested...The 6BR is still for sale as of this post

looks like a great rig, but can't afford it right now(and it's not cause the price is too high!), but I did have a question.

what's the color mix on that mcmillan stock in the picture, like the look of that. Do you have any more pics of it you could maybe email me?

thanks a lot, and good luck with selling the 6mm! thanks

lovdasnow,
Sorry about the delay on the reply. The coloring on the McMillan stock is 50% tan,30% OD green and 20% black.
Here is another pic. If you want more let me know. I may not get around to it until next week sometime though.

308nate

cr3.jpg

260rouge1.jpg

screech,
This is my personal long range/competition rifle. Here are the specs
Savage 16 completly blueprinted,helical fluted bolt and oversize bolt handle.

Broughton 5C 1 in 8 twist 6.5 bore 28" in length helical fluted, chambered in .260 rouge which is basically a .260AI with a 37 degree shoulder. The muzzle of the barrel is turned to .750 for match sights and then I installed a sleeve to match the contour of the barrel when the match sights are not on there.

McMillan A-5 intregal thumbwheel cheek piece.And then I installed an accessory rail. The stock is pillar bedded to the receiver. Ken Farrel 20 min. base bedded to receiver. FA picatiny rings, Leupold 6.5 -20 x 40 mil dot VXIII, surface ground recoil lug.

Barrel and receiver is coated with a KG Kote in matte black and then engraved with my custom logo and caliber.

Oh yes, it just has the accu trigger which I have modified and set to 8 oz.

Thanks for your interest,
308nate