Down under hunter, Wanaka

Dean Sheppard

G'day from Wanaka, I recently saw a chap using a stability aid down here and he was getting great results at long range (1000 yard range at Tekapo)...Intrigued, I did some research and found it was a product called the 'fulcrum long range' So I decided to get in touch with the company and try one out. I reckon it's the beez kneez! Basically it extends the attachment point of the bipod out towards the end of the barrel.
index.html
You can check the FLR out here http://acculongrange.com/index.html There's an explanation of how it all works etc and an even an endorsement from a world champion F-class shooter!

I found that it helped immensely to hold the rifle steady it especially helped steady the shot when you didn't have a rear bag and shooting out to 1000 yards plus. I took it out and got some footage shooting at 1350 yards and shared with the company...they uploaded with my consent and asked if I would help them out with getting some more footage. You can see some videos on the website that I made using various rifles and calibers. Definitely worth checking out...sounds like they are in the process of designing another component to add to their range too...they would not tell me anything about it but said they were really excited by their initial testing.
dsc_0051-jpg.89815
dsc_0031-jpg.89816
dsc_0028-jpg.89818

dsc_0009-jpeg.89814
fulcrumlr0060-1920x1276-jpg.89813

BRILLIANT! But..... if your not running a can on the end of your barrel how will it hold up to the muzzle blast?

BRILLIANT! But..... if your not running a can on the end of your barrel how will it hold up to the muzzle blast?
A mate tried it out with his braked 300WSM the other day...he couldn't believe how much stability it offered and has since ordered one for himself. Handled the blast from the brake no problem at all.

Very cool, I could also see a solution for the POI shift of a magnetospeed... I wish the Atlas came with it for that price, I would have bought it already.

Very cool, I could also see a solution for the POI shift of a magnetospeed... I wish the Atlas came with it for that price, I would have bought it already.

G'day, Eklarsen, Yes I could see this as a working solution for that issue too I wonder if they have thought of that? Anyways...when I got the sporting rifler version I didn't have the $ to but an Atlas so I just got a $40 copy out of China....the videos on the website with me in them are all with the atlas copy. I will it mention to the acculongrange team and see if they have a solution here.....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.