Do not cross this field.

Calvin45

Attachments

• IMG_7733.png
    IMG_7733.png
    411.2 KB · Views: 151
Extended version of the joke ...

Game Warden to Rancher: "You can't tell me where I can or cannot go. See this badge? This badge gives me the authority to go where ever I want!"

Game Warden heads across the field, and the bull starts chasing him, and gaining on him ...

Rancher hollers "Show him your badge!"

That's gonna be a beautiful hide....

Never had any bulls chase me across 'their fields'.......
Guess they didn't like the smells.....

One of my nightmares is having to cross pastures full of cattle.....interspersed with big ol' mean looking bulls.......
I keep waking up....apparently they haven't caught me yet........

Pretty true statement for my front paddock, I need one of those signs for this fella.View attachment 547528
Beautiful animal….but I sure wouldn't wanna take my chances with him around 🤣

Lot of folks who didn't grow up around them really have no idea just how unbelievably strong a bull is. Or how fast they can be when they're mad. Or how easily some of them can get mad haha. Especially on a fully mature and older bull, the sheer amount of MUSCLE in their neck is just insane.

But on a funny note…the expression "like a bull in a china shop" may be inaccurate as mythbusters actually turned a bull loose in a real china shop and he didn't break a single thing, was quite careful actually. A toddler in a china shop is the real disaster.

Beautiful animal….but I sure wouldn't wanna take my chances with him around 🤣

Lot of folks who didn't grow up around them really have no idea just how unbelievably strong a bull is. Or how fast they can be when they're mad. Or how easily some of them can get mad haha. Especially on a fully mature and older bull, the sheer amount of MUSCLE in their neck is just insane.

But on a funny note…the expression "like a bull in a china shop" may be inaccurate as mythbusters actually turned a bull loose in a real china shop and he didn't break a single thing, was quite careful actually. A toddler in a china shop is the real disaster.

He is reasonably quiet, can be hand fed but I never trust any of them, the cows are actually more dangerous, especially when handling their calves, verry protective, I gave up using the dogs when they have young calves.

Funny you mention the bull in a China shop, I've seen that episode. I Weined some calves early one year and had a cow go looking for them, my neighbour about 4 Km's down the road left his front gate and big sliding door open to the back of his house, and well the cow ended up inside the house, luckily didn't do alot of damage just knocked a couple of things over. The culprit below

20230412_163514.jpg

Last edited:
Two of the farms I turkey hunt are also cattle farms. At one time, both had a mean heifer. If she saw you crossing the pasture, she would chase you and I guess try to knock you down and stomp you. I was lucky the first time as I was close to the gate. One morning, she came in hot and I had to give her a good whack on the head with my walking stick. That was 8-10 years ago, but I still keep an eye to the rear when walking in those pastures. None of the bulls have ever acted aggressive.