• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Delete

6.5BR

I am the original owner, bought new around 1993, comes with original box and Leupold Dual Dovetail matte base/rings. Original stock sold and a new VLS stock from a 223 VLS was installed, pressure pad removed, so stock is free floated but no glass bedding has been done.

Barrel professional shortened by gunsmith on lathe and crowned with 11 degree target crown at 21", chrono loads, 140 grain factory 2800, handloads 2900+fps, shot yesterday with 120's 3050-3100 so velocity is very good, accuracy excellent (improved over the 24"). Have shot groups as small as half inch at 200 yds with 100 grain Hornady, but often shoots at or under .5 moa with good loads using 139 Hornady/140 ballistic tips or 150 SMK's. Barrel was broke in with shoot/clean method.

This set up is more or less like 700 LTR but you have a caliber that is flatter than 308 with less recoil, and bullets down to 100 grains which are heck on coyotes if you hunt and shoot other than deer.

Gun in excellent condition and this was mfg. when Remington did them right, no problems with this rifle.

I will ship CONUS FFL with 10 boxes of new 140 grain Remington ammo for $850.

Rifle only shipped for $650 Conus FFL

Last edited:
VLS

For $600 difference, one can rebarrel this one if they think it would do any good and still have money left over. This 21" has plenty of ballistic performance, accuracy, and is cheaper than a 20" LTR which many people buy/like/use. I can tell you the most accurate gun ever shot by me, nothing done to bedding etc, was a factory stock condition 77V tang safety Ruger in 6mm. One hole, 5 shots, and I do mean one little hole. Oh, let me add, the factory bbl was shortened to 21". NO bedding work at all had been done. Short stiff bbl's shoot well, look at the xp-100 and Rem 600's with short bbls. Ever hear of a bad shooting one? I have not.

Well, if I had an offer like the one on Gunbroker for a NIB, I'd put my NIB 26" VLS up for sale. But it won't go for alot more than this one, because surely if a NIB 24" with BDL stock can bring $1180, my 21" which loses maybe 60-80fps, but increases accuracy should be worth what I want for mine, AND perhaps I am the only one, but the VLS stock is much more attractive, anyone can always sell the VLS and buy a BDL stock and likely put cash in their pocket if anything. Nothing is appealing to me about the gloss finished plain wood BDL stock, but that's just me. Also, laminated wood is said to be more stable.

If one wants a collector NIB gun and will match or better the bid on gunbroker, I will ship them my NIB 26" VLS in 7mm-08 for $1200 shipped CONUS FFL or the highest bid that is higher.... Are you a buyer?

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
For $600 difference, one can rebarrel this one if they think it would do any good and still have money left over. This 21" has plenty of ballistic performance, accuracy, and is cheaper than a 20" LTR which many people buy/like/use. I can tell you the most accurate gun ever shot by me, nothing done to bedding etc, was a factory stock condition 77V tang safety Ruger in 6mm. One hole, 5 shots, and I do mean one little hole. Oh, let me add, the factory bbl was shortened to 21". NO bedding work at all had been done. Short stiff bbl's shoot well, look at the xp-100 and Rem 600's with short bbls. Ever hear of a bad shooting one? I have not.

Well, if I had an offer like the one on Gunbroker for a NIB, I'd put my NIB 26" VLS up for sale. But it won't go for alot more than this one, because surely if a NIB 24" with BDL stock can bring $1180, my 21" which loses maybe 60-80fps, but increases accuracy should be worth what I want for mine, AND perhaps I am the only one, but the VLS stock is much more attractive, anyone can always sell the VLS and buy a BDL stock and likely put cash in their pocket if anything. Nothing is appealing to me about the gloss finished plain wood BDL stock, but that's just me. Also, laminated wood is said to be more stable.

If one wants a collector NIB gun and will match or better the bid on gunbroker, I will ship them my NIB 26" VLS in 7mm-08 for $1200 shipped CONUS FFL or the highest bid that is higher.... Are you a buyer?

Thanks for the reply.
I would have been interested in your rifle had the barrel not been cut. And I'm not going to pay Gunbroker prices for guns I buy either. I think they are driving the prices up just to make more money. If I could get what they are selling guns for...I'd sell all mine today. But back here in the real world things are different. Buddy of mine has a 700V 7mm08 he said he'd take $600 for it and a 6x18 Burris scope. Guess I'll go pay him a visit. Good luck on selling your rifles..somebody out there wants what you have.

I would have been interested in your rifle had the barrel not been cut. And I'm not going to pay Gunbroker prices for guns I buy either. I think they are driving the prices up just to make more money. If I could get what they are selling guns for...I'd sell all mine today. But back here in the real world things are different. Buddy of mine has a 700V 7mm08 he said he'd take $600 for it and a 6x18 Burris scope. Guess I'll go pay him a visit. Good luck on selling your rifles..somebody out there wants what you have.

Sounds like you have a good buddy, the ad on GB is not my gun, nor anyone I know, but there are 6 bids on that NIB gun now at 1180 + 25 shipping.

Again, I have a NIB gun and also another used in the original post for sale if someone wants a good one in either configuration. Thanks.