Criterion shoulder pre fit bbl

dnb86

Looking at building a light weight rifle for black tail and my smith is pretty busy at the moment and curious if anyone has tried or know someone who uses a criterion bbl

Most guys like them. Not going to be the same as a custom/premium barrel, but way better than factory.

I simply mean its a production barrel made to production standards, no matter how high the standards. Likely not as smooth as those from other premium manufacturers. May or May not take longer to break in. Most shoot extremely well.

Like most things, you get what you pay for. Can you shoot the difference? Most can't.

I've had a few. They're great barrels for the money. All of mine have shot sub .5 pretty easily.

However as said above. They arent the same as a high quality barrel such as a bartlien, brux, muller, etc. My Muller has been the best shooting barrel I've ever had

Here is a picture of a Criterion barrel I recently installed in an old Stiller action. This is a barrel nut install. 308. First 9 shots cheapest 308 I had on hand followed by 3 Federal Gold Mecal Match 168.

1721310751482.png

I have a shouldered Criterion from NSS on an Origin action. It was down to the Criterion or a Proof, and the Proof wasn't available in the caliber that I wanted.

I'm happy with it and I plan to buy another at some point.

I've done 3. 2 remmys and one savage. 2 of the 3 shoot as well as any other barrel I've had. 1/2 moa with little work. They all clean very easy. One of them is hanging around 3/4- moa. But I'm not sure it's the barrel. Still working it. May be remmy action issues. Go to northland shooters website and look at the customer testimonials. They shoot. You can also get a shillen they are known to make great barrels as well.