Crawfish in California

Mark37082

My daughter lives on the left coast and is attempting to introduce southern cooking to the natives. She has worked with a friend to put on a crawfish boil at a local bar in Oakland, CA. Looks mighty tasty to me.

IMG_8308.jpeg

Did she find some live/fresh ones to cook up? Thats the best way to go, should be out of season though.

That's only enough food for one or 2 people in LA---- looks good-- she gonna sho em how to "suck head and eat tail?"--- most people aren't a fan of the heads

Love me a good crawfish/crab boil!! Hard to find fresh ones here in CO but we used to buy 25 pound bags of em right off the docks in LA when I was there

She found a place California that supplies live crawfish. This was her 3rd time putting on a boil. She tried to show several people how to suck the heads, but didn't find many takers.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Yep… the season is basically over.
I'm a crawfish farmer as well.
A local distributor was loading refrigerator vans full once a week headed for California for a couple of years now.but they are very difficult to deliver live due the their fragile and perishable nature once they are out of water!

I have no idea where they get the crawfish, but she actually sent me a video of them crawling around. It led me to believe they were harvested somewhere in Cali.
I am constantly trying to get her out of there. My biggest hurdle is abundance of beautiful places she can go to on the west coast. She is not political at all, but is growing tired of the number of people with a holier than thou attitude toward people from the southeast.