couple questions. planning mule deer hunt

Robster80

next year im wanting to go out west on a hunt. i figure antelope or mule deer i dont care. never been before. for mule deer what states should i look into and are OTC tags offered?

Well Wyoming you can do a DIY in some areas but in the wilderness area you have to have a guide or a resident with you so that limits areas to hunt and tags can be hard to figure out where you might get a OTC or a easy draw. My self I have a friend there so this isn't a issue. I like Oregon some really nice bucks come from that state recently one on this forum this year a 190 class. Montana might be worth a look as well as you can easily draw a big game combo tag they have had left overs since 2011 which is deer and elk tags so you might get both in one trip. I'm going to Montana this year my self just for that reason to try for both elk and deer. I'll be home tomorrow from Africa send me a pm with your number and I can give you some ideas and locations to think over I spent the last several years researching places to go and I hit Wyoming last year and montana this year next week I'll be headed there.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.