Central Idaho late season deer.

Mike 338

I live and work around Boise. Because I'm not an awesome hunter, I often find myself with an unfilled tag during regular season but I still may have the bug. I'm interested in some late season hunts in central Idaho. That's units, 16A, 17, 19 and 20. Mostly what I'm interested in in a starting point. November 18th, which is the closing date, may well be packed with snow in many places. I'm interested in a place where I can park without fear of not getting out and just going in. Nothing to specific mind you, just a place to park. I can back pack or I also have a couple of mules that I can ride. I don't have a lot of friends so I'm basically a guy on my own if you don't include the mules and they wouldn't appreciate that, so I don't. I can put together one summer scouting trip. What I need is a road # and a place to park. If you want to give up your favorite deer spot to me, that's cool but I'd never ask a guy to do anything I wouldn't. Just a guy who failed at regular season and can't accept his fate.

Anyway, publicly or PM... if you care to, throw me a bone and tell me where to park without getting snowed in, late season and still have a shot at a late season deer. Don't worry... I have low expectations for myself. Can't tell you how much a new adventure and new ground gets my juices flowing though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.