CE or Area 419

idcwby

Is there a difference between the Area 419 and CE Products, as far as quality or customer service? Just trying to decide which brand to go with. Any others I should consider, for this type setup?

Thanks
idcwby

It depends? It you want any of the Area 419 products then I would use them for everything.
I have 419 products and am very happy with them. The V3 kit from CE does make some of the 419 products repetitive or obsolete. The items that I find very useful from 419 are the base for the trickler, the al straw and the clear lid. The V3 auto charger is a vast improvement over the old Lee even with the 419 base. I also have a 419 powder cup and like it much better that the old v2 or the new v3 cup.

What's with the straw? What's it purpose? Just trying to get this all figured out. It seems the 419 stuff is a little more spendy. What's the difference in the powder cups?

Thanks
idcwby

You will have to look them up and compare. The V3 is much better than the V2 stuff. The V3 powder cup is glass and a bit heavy with a plastic handle. the 419 powder cup is machined AL. much lighter and no static. The Straw is not necessary if you have a V3. The V3 also has a adjustable powder trickler base as well. Basically they copied the 419 upgrades.

I didn't think the glass would cause static. Does the 419 feel top heavy since the handle is on the bottom?

idcwby

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.