CCI Subsonic 22

Waynzee

Hi fellas, anybody use CCI Subsonic 22 rimfire ammo. I've been using this ammo for a few years now and out to about 75 yards in my Marlin XT they really kick butt on Groundhogs,(or Woodchucks depends on what part of PA. you're from how ya call them).Also been using the Subsonics for Squirrel hunting and they are accurate enough to take head shots out to 50 yards or a little further.

I have used CCI Subsonic HP for squirrel hunting and groundhogs. In My CZ's they shoot as good and performed well as the Eley Subsonic Hollow points. And are cheaper by 1/2. Have not been able to find them for the last 4 or 5 years any place. My local stores or on-line.If I find them I will buy several 100 packs of them.

Yep, they are really accurate and hit hard. I was able to find a couple of boxes from a local gun dealer here in N.E. PA. about 2 weeks ago so maybe CCI is starting to send them out again.

It has been a long dry spell finding CCI 22 40 Gr. Subsonic Hollow point ammo.
I was on the net surfing Tuesday night and Cheaper Than Dirt listed they had them available. Was not near my credit card so I could make an order. Wednesday morning I checked Cheaper Than Dirt and CCI 22 Sub Sonic HP was not available.
I surfed again and found them at Academy in Georgia. Limit 5 boxes per order.
Have 5 boxes (500) on the way to me right now.

I have used CCI Subsonic HP for squirrel hunting and groundhogs. In My CZ's they shoot as good and performed well as the Eley Subsonic Hollow points. And are cheaper by 1/2. Have not been able to find them for the last 4 or 5 years any place. My local stores or on-line.If I find them I will buy several 100 packs of them.

Yup.

500 CCI Subsonic 40 Gr. HP arrived Tuesday by FedEx,
From Academy. Looking forward to taking some to the range to see if they shoot like the previous supply did.

500 CCI Subsonic 40 Gr. HP arrived Tuesday by FedEx,
From Academy. Looking forward to taking some to the range to see if they shoot like the previous supply did.

How did they do for ya, the new 22 subsonics as good as the old ones?

I finally got freed up. The Vietnam vet friend I had helped and looked after the last 5 years passed Aug 23.
I made it to the range with the CCI 22 Subsonic HP ammo. The CCI Subsonic shot as tight groups as my new supply of Eley 22 Subsonic HP.
Went to camp and squirrel hunted about a week in late Oct. The CCI SubSonic performed well in adding to the annual camp squirrel fry needs.
Great meal, Fried Squirrel, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Sweet Potatoes, Hot Biscuits and Good Friends.

I finally got freed up. The Vietnam vet friend I had helped and looked after the last 5 years passed Aug 23.
I made it to the range with the CCI 22 Subsonic HP ammo. The CCI Subsonic shot as tight groups as my new supply of Eley 22 Subsonic HP.
Went to camp and squirrel hunted about a week in late Oct. The CCI SubSonic performed well in adding to the annual camp squirrel fry needs.
Great meal, Fried Squirrel, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Sweet Potatoes, Hot Biscuits and Good Friends.
Sounds like it went well for ya! Besides the Ammo. the great meal and good friends, it don't get any better.

Love the CCI sub sonic. They shoot 10 rapid rounds in a nickle at fifty yards with my 10/22. The Eley's will put 10 in a dime but are over twice the price.

My 10/22 likes CCI 40 gr.solid lead, standard velocity, 1070 fps. 1/2 inch groups at 50 yards. Good enough for Squirrel head shots at that distance.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.