Caribou Hunt

I will not be doing a caribou hunt this year. I appreciate all the interest from everyone. The only three weeks my son has off between now and christmas that we can do something together is right in the middle of the best time to do this hunt. I will probably go back in 2013 if the dates work out.

I appreciate the continued interest in this hunt. However I will not be going to Alaska this year. I will decide on next year during January-March time frame. Interested persons can message me then.

http://bowsite.com/BOWSITE/features/articles/UNFORGETTABLE/donlewis2/

FWI I wanted to post this years ago but this is the man that is Long Tim Long Ranger from this forum. Steer clear from this guy, we are lucky that nothing happened to us when we went hunting with him.

Delete it again if this is not allowed... don't know why it would be though.

WOW - that's all that I can say.
The article keeps referring to the individual as an Alabama resident whereas he presents himself as being from Thermopolis, Wy. - just a little confused.

I found him on this thread on this forum. He talked a few of us in to going to Alaska with him. He sounded like a legit guy from reading his posts on this forum. We went up hunting with him the first year and he acted norma. After going up with him hunting with him a second time we found that he was a peculiar guy. He also did things that were ok, such as shooting Caribou inside the Haul road corridor with a rifle, leaving his entire Caribou to rot and only taking the horns. After we got back I showed my dad a picture of him, my dad remembers a guy that got busted in Utah for killing big bucks that was a famous bow hunter..... and blam here he is.

I am ashamed to be associated with this piece of trash. He is still a criminal and I can't believe he has hunting rights still.

oh yea all of his posts about all his knowledge on guns and his huge precision gun collection...... its all BS, he owns a couple Tikka's and other garbage rifles. HE IS A PHONY, CRIMINAL.

Thanks for the details. I remember him posting here in days gone by. I guess it proves it's hard to know a guy from Posts alone.

I remember reading his posts. He hasn't been around for a long time, though.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.