Camo pattern for Idaho mullie hunt.

Kaboom

I'm going on a mule deer hunt in the mountains of Idaho. What camo color/pattern would you recommend getting? Thanks for you help.

Blue jeans and Flannel.
Save the camo for archery and just wear high quality(tough) comfortable and warm. I prefer layering systems

Rifle hunting?? If the deer see you and can tell the difference between mossy oak and cabelas, or any other camo manufacturers for that matter, the deer your after should already be dead. I killed my high county buck this year wearing blaze orange hat, tan shirt and blue jeans. Dont sweat the small stuff ha ha, just wear what is comfortable.

Unless your talking archery.....that is a different story ha ha.

I'm going on a mule deer hunt in the mountains of Idaho. What camo color/pattern would you recommend getting? Thanks for you help.

I hunt challis every so often for deer. Ton of sage brush but also timber patches. For rifle season which I'm guessing that's what you'll be doing, I would go with something like kryptek highlander or sitka waterfowl pattern. Thats what I'll be in this season for deer is kryptek highlander.

But in all honesty, rifle season for deer in open/closed country like challis area, you could go in like people have said above with blue jeans and flannel jacket.... Wear orange....people are stupid around that area with firing. Had a 5x6 buck killed out from under me a few years ago as i was sneaking around this knoll. I was 30 yards from the deer when 2 guys shot above me. Deer died 10 yards away from me. I was wearing an orange hat and orange flap on my pack too.

I have found, both in the woods of Pennsylvania and now here in Nevada that predominately browns worked best. Something like Realtree Advantage, which has probably 80% brown shades.

Eric B.

Pretty much any camo pattern is fine. I might avoid something that's super dark. I've read that deer can see blue so blue jeans might not be good but anything somewhat muted including a plaid shirt will be more than fine.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.