Burris Fast Fire

jakebrake

Can this scope take the pounding of a turkey gun? Heck I was looking at the Aim points and Eco Techs and I relly dont want to spent that much if I dont have to. So I was wondering about the fast fire?

I have had one on my 3 1/2in Mag for years and it works like a champ. I put one on my daughters remmy turkey thug 3in Mag last year. I also have one on a Thompson contender 16in barreled 44 Mag no issues on any of them.

I have had one on a mossberg 835 shooting 2 1/4oz turkey loads for years. I have one on a 16in barrel T/C carbine 44 mag for hundreds of rounds and I am positive it kicks harder then my turkey shotgun...

Can this scope take the pounding of a turkey gun? Heck I was looking at the Aim points and Eco Techs and I relly dont want to spent that much if I dont have to. So I was wondering about the fast fire?

I am a big Burris fan, but for what I use the reflex scope for it is two small
(Not enough Field of view) because of the window size. I had one and it was bullet proof but on running targets the window was to small and target acquisition was difficult (At least for me). I tried it on a 454 hunting pistol and it was just to difficult to find the aiming point. then I tried it on my turkey shotgun and it was much easier to find because the shotgun fit so well. But now I look for the biggest window size I can find at a price I can afford.

I use the reflex sights on my shot gun for fast moving targets like ducks and coyotes and the larger window works better for me. I also use a reflex site(Holographic sites are a little to expensive for me even though they normally have a large sight window) on my hog guns where after the first shots all hell breaks loose and running shots are the norm.

The bigger the window, the more lead you can put on fast moving game and still keep the game in the window for more accurate shots.

The Burris will be fine for turkey hunting unless they fly, then it becomes more difficult to use Like all of the small windowed sites. If they made a larger windowed site, that's what I would have.

Just My opinion

J E CUSTOM

J E you are exactly right. I have both. The Burris on a rifle and an EO Tech on a 12. They both fit those applications perfectly. The EO is far superior when it comes to moving shots, coyotes and hogs. In fact I leave it on when dove and duck hunting. It's just fun. It also helps to concentrate your shot pattern on target. Plus like J E said, the window is much larger and the glass on the EO is far superior.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.