Bull Down 6.5 Sherman strikes again !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramrod79

Waiting for help lol but it's snowy miserable I go for walk and crush a 5 point bull at an outrageous distance of 50 yards.
I walked right up on them didn't even know I was there first hour of my 3 day hunt. Pics to follow but dam couldn't get any better. Now my Dad at the age of 66 is gearing up to come help me Gona be a hell of a day!!!!
I sure my buddy can get some time off work as well.
2 hits from the Sherman he went about 30 feet and bedded down he should be done by the time I get back in an hour.
Emoji thumbs up.
Rich if your watching what a way to retire the 6.5 Shermanfir it's big brother.

Well before all you start on your you should have I guess you would had to saw where he was at. I shot him 2 twice a 50 yards in dense timber and he soaked those up then he went down into a dirty gully crashed in there. Rather than possibly push hiM out walk 10 mins back to truck call for help let him sit. 35 mins later I got back to gully he was done used chain saw to get him out of dead fall gully.

Yea Wieser pushing an amimal in dense bush possibly causing him to go further is sensible give your head a shake!! Letting him sit for half hour before rushing into cluster is so horrible. I suppose I should have just rushed right in guns a blazing let him run 2 miles that would have been ethical !!!

You made it sound like you left a wounded bull that you could have finished. Look at your original post from my perspective, what would you think ?

Hopefully he passed faster than what most are imagining, but I agree you should have finished the job.
Aside from that it sounds like a lot of work to recover him. Looking forward to seeing the gun, bullets, organ damage, etc.
Hopefully this doesn't turn into a "beating a dead elk thread".

Stupid is as stupid does. I'm sure some folks would insist following up a Grizzly bear immediately as well.

Maybe brush hunting techniques are unknown to long range hunters? It just seems strange to throw stones - how long does it take to get to an elk when you shoot him across a canyon?

I'm truly boggled.

Well before all you start on your you should have I guess you would had to saw where he was at. I shot him 2 twice a 50 yards in dense timber and he soaked those up then he went down into a dirty gully crashed in there. Rather than possibly push hiM out walk 10 mins back to truck call for help let him sit. 35 mins later I got back to gully he was done used chain saw to get him out of dead fall gully.

This was at 50 yards. They didn't even know you were there. Then you said you'd be back in an hour. Myself, I have hunted deep dark timber and scored more than can remember. Yes, I wasn't there. Just sent a shiver down my spine. I also don't know if your using target bullets or WTH. Just seamed like a fella that could slip up all Native and like should have the skills to finish the job. I am a logger and carry a saw everywhere I hunt, been there also. Just sent me in a tizzy that the bull couldn't be sent completion at 80 yards. But this is coming from a person who predominantly flings arrows and fully gets the LRH thing.
Remember... I said I wasn't there. It just cut me tough

Status
Not open for further replies.