Buckeyes?

Neil Casper

Are there any members here who have been able to take long (300+ yard.) shots in Ohio at varmints? I don't do any 'chuck hunting anymore, but when I did, I seldom found any place where the shots exceeded 250 yards here in north-central Ohio. It's just too darned civilized around here anymore!

hunting chucks

I know what you mean I used to have a friend with 3 hundred acres and through economics and so on it all went away to housing.There went my long range hunting .gun)

If you don't mind paying $250.00 for a day of tossing lead at chucks, Mansfield is the place for you. You'll be driven around to hundreds of farms and have your chance to shoot many. If you want 800 yard shots, Mike will take you directly to fields that will offer such a shot. Here's the link...

North Central Ohio Varmint Express

2 people, $500.00 total. A friend went and had the time of his life, I called last year but he's booked up already :(

Any caliber is welcomed including .50 :) Price seems steep, but as we Ohioans know, opportunities for anything long range in this state suck so sometimes ya just gotta pay to play.

I guess I`m lucky when it come to shooting. I was raised on a farm and know most of the land owners in the area and have places where safely shoot close to 1 mile. The big problem around here is that there just isn`t alot of groundhogs any more. I shoot most of mine up around buildings.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.