• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Brockman’s Rifles Dakota 76 300WM

I have for sale a Dakota Model 76 in 300 Win Mag, custom by Jim Brockman. Jim built this one for a close friend of mine who took a couple of elk and mule deer with it before selling it to me in 2012. I took it to Namibia that year and shot a bunch of PG with it. It was a sweet shooting rifle, but while it would routinely group 180 grain TTSX into an inch at 200, it was a bit heavy for my taste. So when I got back from Africa, into the safe it went. Looked like this:

IMG_1862.jpeg

I was planning an elk hunt so I sent the rifle back to Jim in 2018 for weight loss surgery. Came back looking like this:

IMG_4492.jpeg

IMG_4498.jpeg
IMG_4497.jpeg
IMG_4495.jpeg

Dakota 76, 300 WM, 22" Lilja barrel, fluted, recessed muzzle crown; Brown Precision stock, 13.5" LOP, blind magazine, new recoil pad; Langlois Ching sling; Talley lightweight bases & rings. Rifle with rings weighs 6 lbs 11.6 oz. $2500 shipped in hard case to your FFL, lower 48.

Attachments

• IMG_4496.jpeg
    IMG_4496.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 41
Just curious, I assume that the current fluted barrel is new and not the original one fluted after-the-fact simply to lighten the weight. Can you please confirm?

Nice rifle BTW.

Just curious, I assume that the current fluted barrel is new and not the original one fluted after-the-fact simply to lighten the weight. Can you please confirm?

Nice rifle BTW.
The original factory barrel was replaced with a Lilja barrel before I bought the rifle. That barrel was then fluted and Cerakoted.

Recent Posts