Bow Hunter vs Grizzly….Just This Morning

Doesn't sound lucky according to the article. Sounds like he's unlucky.

Unlucky to get attack by a bear, and unlucky his weapon jammed.

Unjamming a firearm and getting a headshot while being torn up is more closer related to laser focus and dedication to survival. A mix of skill and instinct.

Doesn't sound lucky according to the article. Sounds like he's unlucky.

Unlucky to get attack by a bear, and unlucky his weapon jammed.

Unjamming a firearm and getting a headshot while being torn up is more closer related to laser focus and dedication to survival. A mix of skill and instinct.

Lucky in that he was able to get the semi-auto "back in the fight"!

A jammed or "out of battery" is one of several reasons that I'm a strong proponent of revolver use for bear defense! memtb

It's, a NON "issue" with, a properly Maintained / Tuned,.. Glock.
The 10 MM is,.. Minimum for, Grizz
Just let him Chew on the Muzzle of your Big 10 Glock, While pulling the trigger,.. SEVERAL times,.. DONE !
No need of, an Old tyme, Revolver,. LOL !
Bet that, Young man, "Up-Grades" to, a 10 MM , Glock, before,. Next Year !

Last edited:
It's, a NON "issue" with, a properly Maintained / Tuned,.. Glock.
The 10 MM is,.. Minimum for, Grizz
Just let him Chew on the Muzzle of your Big 10 Glock, While pulling the trigger,.. SEVERAL times,.. DONE !
No need of, an Old tyme, Revolver,. LOL !
That may be true about a Glock….but my limited research indicates that a small amount of slide movement may not make it inoperable….but with enough movement will make it inoperable.

I for one, if found in a situation such as this man, do not want to find out! 😉 memtb

I Grease my Glock's, Carbide, Guide Rod's with, a combination of,. Cat Nip and Honey, so that the Bears can, suck on the Muzzle,.. a Long time !
Also Requires, a Bit heavier,. Guide Rod, Spring IF, the Honey gets, old !
I've NEVER had a Jam with, ANY of,.. my 3 Glock's and, I Reload for, them !
PS; I'd a, started shooting, AT that, Grizz, the minute,.. she turned her Head, to look at, Me,. at, 10 yards !
BEFORE,. the "Charge" !
And, I have No intention of, EVER, Letting a Bear get THAT close to My gun,. that they would, Jam / "Move", the Slide back, at,. All !

Last edited:

Recent Posts