Both zero stop and covered turrets

I hope not. ZS and HS turrets were invented for extreme speed in dialing back down from extreme long range to short range in tactical competitions. Capped turrets slow you down (though some now cap the windage turret because people were not ever dialing it, only the elevation, but the windage turret is more likely to get accidentally turned, especially when the rifle is slung over your shoulder.)

I have ZS in several scopes and never use it, because I do not shoot tactical competitions. When setting the ZS I found myself setting it several clicks below my 100-yd zero, in case I wanted to dial for something closer. So what the heck, I just set up all my scopes that way now, and leave the ZS's unset, usually.

And, as you might guess, I don't like HS turrets, either. The clicks are crammed so close together it is hard to dial just one.

Yes. Delta Optical Titanium ED 3-24x56 has capped turrets with a zero stop on the elevation. Over 100 MOA of elevation

They also offer this scope with the option of exposed tall 'locking' target turrets and zero stop.

Last edited:
Nobody puts zero stop on anything BUT elevation. Wouldn't make sense to put a stop on windage unless the wind only blew in one direction and a person always faced the same direction while shooting ;)

True of course. I've just seen so many ask about this I thought to add it in to spare the questions later.

Burris Veracity
Yep, best of both worlds IMO.

I hope not. ZS and HS turrets were invented for extreme speed in dialing back down from extreme long range to short range in tactical competitions. Capped turrets slow you down (though some now cap the windage turret because people were not ever dialing it, only the elevation, but the windage turret is more likely to get accidentally turned, especially when the rifle is slung over your shoulder.)

I have ZS in several scopes and never use it, because I do not shoot tactical competitions. When setting the ZS I found myself setting it several clicks below my 100-yd zero, in case I wanted to dial for something closer. So what the heck, I just set up all my scopes that way now, and leave the ZS's unset, usually.

And, as you might guess, I don't like HS turrets, either. The clicks are crammed so close together it is hard to dial just one.

You hope not? Why would hope that we would have fewer options for turrets?

Leo mark 5 has ZS on elevation,with lock that u push in and can dial under .5m,windage capped

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.