Blue Winged Teal Drake In Contemplative Mood

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
blue-winged-teal.jpg

Preparation is an important part of many of my best shots. This shot was taken from a blind at a pond where I had placed a thick branch just below the surface of the water. My plan was for the ducks to perch on it offering me photo setups. It worked!

When this bird first stepped up onto the submerged branch in the midst of the colored water...my heart fluttered at the upcoming opportunity.

This photo was the biggest hit at my recent Gallery Show. It has interest as a good picture of a duck...and it also appeals as fine art. Someone said it reminded them of the artistic shape of a beautiful pottery urn.

Nikon D2H
600mm lens

dang it Len, everytime you put a new picture up you make me wanna get one of those dang expensive cameras for myself and give it a try!!!:D I love the photos of the ducks, especially the teal. Someday i would love to have a mount of all of the teal species around here, Green Wing, Blue Wing, and Cinnamon. I have never actually seen a Cinnamon but i hear there are some around

Beautiful photo

steve

"you make me wanna get one of those dang expensive cameras "

Lerch, by now you should know that it is the mission of this site to entice people into buying expensive things. :)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.