Best Lightweight Tripod

bullridety

What is the best lightweight tripod and head for a Leica Spotting scope? I want to backpack and not have to carry the extra weight, but I want something that is still durable!

That depends a lot on what you intend to use the spotter for and how much you are willing to spend.

Budget friendly, I really like Slik tripods

If budget is not a concern, look at an outdoorsman tripod and head

I have a Silk as well and it works great. Maybe a little heavy, but that's a guess on my part vs comparing them. I've heard good things about the Outdoorsman as well.

Ive used a outdoorsman for about 15 years. Like the product and small adapter plates for multi use

The Induro CT-014 is my favorite, although I'm currently using the aluminum version that's a tad heavier due to budget constraints. For a head I'm using a prototype that should be hitting the market this year. It is a tilt/pan head that weighs 8 oz.

I use a Vanguard Alta+ 233AO. It doesn't weigh too much, but it does great under my 80mm Vortex scope. It is described as a great backpacking tripod, and I agree. The panhead has very smooth movement, and the unit costs less than I would think for the quality. And Len sells them in the LRH store.

Andy uses the Vanguard on his backpack mountain hunts at 12k feet. Loves it.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.