Best boots

Threejs

I'm looking for new boots. I have had 6-8 pairs of danner elk hunters and really like them. But I have never been in the Rock and shale of sheep country with them. So I was looking for some input on new boots.

Thanks
JD

I have been a sheep hunter for 20 plus years ,and the best boots for me so far are Hanwag boots very good boots I went with the tall Trapper style . These boots look very similar to Kenatrex Boots witch I hear are great boots as well.

Kenetrek, unless it's real cold the uninsulated with a mid-weight wool sock work great.

Kenitrecs chewed my feet up more than once. I had them stretched then I ended up getting the new improved pair and a simple 4hr elk hunt on flat sandy land I got yet another heal blister. The end for keni's.

I've loved my lowas, so far I think they are hands down the best boots I've put on. Never had any issue w/ break in nor blisters.

plus 1 on Lowe Sheep Hunter

Do you like them for general hunting or just for steep mountain stuff? I'll be looking for a new pair soon, but we don't always hunt in the steep stuff and I can't really swing for 2 pair.

Kennetrek boots (mountain extremes) have felt like heaven on my feet. I have been after elk, mule deer and antelope in them over various terrain. If I were you, I would go to a local store and try them on because everyone's feet are different.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.