Bedding a Knox axiom stock.

stbbo

Hi guys first off I'm not a professional gunsmith so I appreciate your input but if I put down a something stupid it's because i don't know. Anyhow first off I picked this stock because my wife shoots an ar well and I also wanted to use the rifle it's a 260 built off a howa 1500 short action. It shoots good at 100 so far with 130 vld's. If it ain't broke don't fix it I know. It's gonna get sent back to mcgowen for a new contour and flutes to make it lighter for her. I know this isn't the best stock out there but it serves it's purpose. I have bedded about 20 stocks so far with good results not great but good. Also I have used brownells acra glass but found it difficult to get it to release without it looking super clean. Any advice. I did one in some metal epoxy putty but dont remember the brand on a 243 ai and used Pam (cooking spray) and worked out great but not so well with acra glass. Thanks for your input

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.