Bad Ammo

the blur

Had a box of bad Browning Long Range ammo. 1/2 the box wouldn't chamber correctly. Very Accurate! But when you can't close the bolt, I'm not hunting with it.
Long lengthy process, but Browning sent me a check.

It's weird, Tikka .308. Some brands of ammo cause a rough bolt engagement, some brands cause the bolt not to close at all, but others cycle flawlessly.

Guess it needs to be 100% in spec.

Had a box of bad Browning Long Range ammo. 1/2 the box wouldn't chamber correctly. Very Accurate! But when you can't close the bolt, I'm not hunting with it.
Long lengthy process, but Browning sent me a check.

It's weird, Tikka .308. Some brands of ammo cause a rough bolt engagement, some brands cause the bolt not to close at all, but others cycle flawlessly.

Guess it needs to be 100% in spec.
Sounds like you may need to check your chamber for carbon buildup. Do you have a bore scope ? And exactly what type of ammo are you having issues with ? Is it just the long range ammo ?

This doesn't sound like bad ammo to me since you are having problems with other brands of factory ammo along with the browning ammo.
I'm guessing it's a rifle problem and would have a competent gunsmith take a look.

Sounds like the rifle has a tight chamber from either build-up, or it slipped by QC. My old Seekins was like that, just contacted them and sent it in. I got it returned working perfectly.

Recent Posts