Arrows... What are you shooting?

I have shot about every arrow out there, recently I tried the Easton FMJ and get the best accuracy With them.....

I shoot Easton Axis FMJ 400's. They are very accurate. They penetrate way deeper on my practice targets. And I've always gotten complete pass thrus on the game I've shot with 60lb draw weight out of my Mathews Drenalin. Plus you will never have to worry of an arrow in the forearm or hand due to a carbon arrow shattering.

Nice arrow, will get the job done with correct shot placement. I like doubble
lungers myself.

Does not look like your over bowed and can draw the bow without going through all the gyrations that some of the guys on TV go through to get
to full draw. If they would cut 15 lbs off the draw weight, they would have a lot more fun shooting. Of course they would have to add a couple of pins
on the sight to cover the difference in trajectory.

Well 7MM Rem Mag,

That's my bullet of choice, last week at the Long distance range I rang
the 1000 yd. bell twice. first time, real thrill. 7MM Savage 111 long range
hunter.

Practice, Practice Practice

Nice arrow, will get the job done with correct shot placement. I like doubble
lungers myself.

Does not look like your over bowed and can draw the bow without going through all the gyrations that some of the guys on TV go through to get
to full draw. If they would cut 15 lbs off the draw weight, they would have a lot more fun shooting. Of course they would have to add a couple of pins
on the sight to cover the difference in trajectory.

Well 7MM Rem Mag,

That's my bullet of choice, last week at the Long distance range I rang
the 1000 yd. bell twice. first time, real thrill. 7MM Savage 111 long range
hunter.

Practice, Practice Practice

Very well said! I learned about the draw weight the hard way. I learned that I can "kill" the bulls eye all day long practicing with a 70lb draw. But in the field I missed all too often. I was really new to bow hunting and a friend of mine told me to drop to 60lbs and I'd be way more accurate in the field because I would be able to hold the weight longer without trembling. He was absolutely right on. My success since then has been amazing!

And that's so cool that you've pushed your 7mm to 1,000. I've only have hit the steel out to 800 yards so far. I'm hoping to one day soon. But I've actually taken my bow out to start shooting it too, won't be long before October rolls around! Lol

Easton Axis FMJ, 475gr total weight. I had a small chunk of concrete leveling out the front of my target. Maybe 10in long 3in thick and 4in wide. As I was aiming at the target at full draw, I accidentally hit my release to soon and sent the arrow at the bottom of the target and center punched the concrete. My arrow was completly fine and the concrete was broke in half! Excited to try these on elk coming up in September!

Easton Axis FMJ, 475gr total weight. I had a small chunk of concrete leveling out the front of my target. Maybe 10in long 3in thick and 4in wide. As I was aiming at the target at full draw, I accidentally hit my release to soon and sent the arrow at the bottom of the target and center punched the concrete. My arrow was completly fine and the concrete was broke in half! Excited to try these on elk coming up in September!

I'm not anxious to replicate that shot. Might be ducking shrapnel coming back my way.

Interesting, good luck with the ELK.

Practice Practice and Practice, times coming closer by the day.

I shoot 29.5" Gold Tip Velocity Pro's with 125gr Striker Magnums on the end.

A total weight of 385.5 but still stiff enough to carry the magnums.

If we search long enough, we will find an arrow that fits both our bow and
individualism. Almost as many different arrows as bullets for hand loads.

Practice Practice and practice.

I'm shooting the Beman ICS Hunters right now but am looking to try the axis small diameter arrows. The FMJ are great but I don't need the extra weight.

Just picked up some Carbon Express Maxima Hunter KV 350s and like them very well so far. Penetration on the Block seems to be pretty good. I have also shot Carbon Express Piledriver Hunter 350s, Easton Axis ST 400s, and Full Metal Jacket 340s out of my Mathews Monster. The only ones that I really didn't care for were the FMJ. I was very happy with the other arrows and wouldn't hesitate to shoot them again.

It's good that you have a large selection to choose from.

Be sure to check the shafts before and after practice.
Any nicks or cuts or broken strands should be examined
very closely. Discard these arrows.
You certainly don't want an arm full of carbon fiber shards.

Carbon fiber arrows are very good arrows, but they are
not impervious to wear. Be safe, not sorry.

Practice, Practice and Practice

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.