• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want To Buy Are Reloading Retailers and Manufacturers Worried about Recession or Just Demand?

Veteran

Looks to me like the market for primers is at a downward inflection point. Maybe Powder too.

Primers are down from $169 to 180
peak to $89 to 119 range and a lot more plentiful lately.

Federals have become more available last several months and at lower prices, lots of Remington and Winchester too.

Lots of promotions almost daily for free shipping, free hazmat, or 10% off too.

Either the stores holding inventory or the manufacturers or both are worried about recession, or they are seeing a lack of demand due to the squeeze inflation has wreaked on consumers or they have over supplied the market. But something is going on.

Prices are dropping. Stuff is staying on the shelves.

Gunbroker sure aint makin no sales
at $180 for primers....🙂

The hard part for me is knowing when to stock up on supplies I use all the time and things I would like. to try. You would need a crystal ball. The only thing I know for sure is that if I want the price and availability of an item to go lower, all I have to do is purchase what I will need of it for the next couple years, and bam the price will start dropping and it will be available everywhere 🤣

don't kid yourself.... the so called inflation wave has been induced mostly by record profit margins driven by demand. Those margins always slowly correct vs how fast they go up.

There is some competing demand from nato orders in the eu picking up steam, but that was a small market share impact in the us for brands like alliant and viht.

Firearm related sales are down industry wide, I would suggest buying all you can now to take advantage of it. I am seeing AR's in the high 300's wholesale now - it has been a while since I have seen that. Firearm distributors are marking down select inventory at a rate I have not seen in the last 14 years. It will not last, all it takes it the wrong person to get elected or talk of gun confiscation. Get it while the getting is good.

Firearm related sales are down industry wide, I would suggest buying all you can now to take advantage of it. I am seeing AR's in the high 300's wholesale now - it has been a while since I have seen that. Firearm distributors are marking down select inventory at a rate I have not seen in the last 14 years. It will not last, all it takes it the wrong person to get elected or talk of gun confiscation. Get it while the getting is good.
People can't buy things they can't afford.

Looks to me like the market for primers is at a downward inflection point. Maybe Powder too.

Primers are down from $169 to 180
peak to $89 to 119 range and a lot more plentiful lately.

Federals have become more available last several months and at lower prices, lots of Remington and Winchester too.

Lots of promotions almost daily for free shipping, free hazmat, or 10% off too.

Either the stores holding inventory or the manufacturers or both are worried about recession, or they are seeing a lack of demand due to the squeeze inflation has wreaked on consumers or they have over supplied the market. But something is going on.

Prices are dropping. Stuff is staying on the shelves.

Gunbroker sure aint makin no sales
at $180 for primers....🙂
I agree, it has tapered off and going down.
I guess the most people have enough stock piled up....till after the election.

I agree with Grouse. I don't think we will see the huge spike even if the wrong people get in office because of money. Our average customers are spending less but high end items are still moving normally. Used is another story I keep finding deals I can't refuse when I mean to sell.

People can't buy things they can't afford.
People buy more than they can afford every day with 1.14 trillion credit card debt in the US. But, I see our point - our economy has been declining for a while but it is being hidden as much as possible.

There are obviously those that still have discretionary money. I suggest using some of that now since it is going to go up.