AR gets its first kill

Elkeater

F0A5C147-E72B-4F02-AB4B-0AB8C30C4435.jpeg
Built my first AR this past year. Got out over the weekend and got it's first kill. Got above the river in some rocks and started calling. About 30 seconds after I started calling this big male charged over the ridge 300 yards out. He never broke his dead run until I rolled him at about 75 yards with a 70gr Barnes tsx.

Congrats! On the dog and the rifle. Nothing better than a build coming together.

Congrats!

You must of really offered his most favorite breakfast (sound) for him to explode like that instantly!

And I will bet one thing: You are hooked!

Three44s

So that dog was old. His teeth were all broke off but his fur was beautiful. He came in to a jack rabbit distress call. Not the first yote I've called in but certainly one of the biggest and prettiest.

As far as my AR goes it's a mix of basic grade stuff and some high end stuff. The lower is a ruger 556. The lower parts are all seekins precision. It has a giessle two stage match trigger set to 4 lbs, a Anderson manufacturing buffer tube and a magpul grip. The upper is an Anderson manufacturing upper with a black rain ordinance bolt carrier group and upper parts kit. A 16" Wilson combat ranger contour barrel 1:8 twist bedded to the reciever and a UTG full length free floated hand guard with a Wilson combat mid length gas system capped with a YHM 5.56 muzzle break. Then I topped it with a vortex strike eagle 1-6x24.

This rifle really likes the Barnes Vor-tx ammo loaded with 70gr tsx. It'll put 5 of those into a Quarter at 100 yards.

27CB1ADD-4AAD-462B-9530-058223606AA3.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.