APS K-rifle off to a great young lady

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Had one of my very long time customers contact me asking if i would build an affordable, yet high quality rifle for his grand daughter for hunting big game here in Montana. Wrote up a spec list and talked to him about my K-rifles and recommended the 6.5 creedmoor. Now most of you know my thoughts on the CM but my distain is more toward the marketing HYPE then the actual round. For this application it would be ideal for use on our Montana medium big game out to the ranges she would be hunting, 400 yards and less. And even great for elk with proper bullet selection at practical range limits.

He gave me the go and here is the finished product.
8A32FFEE-A2F0-4CDC-B825-A3A2A2769C7C.jpeg

Turned out great, fully blueprinter receiver/bolt, bartlein 3b 8 twist barrel, fluted, boyds forest camo laminated stock, properly pillar bedded, upgraded metal trigger guard and trigger job with a 2.25 lb break that feels more like 1.5 lbs. critical to have a good trigger for a new shooter.

We developed a load using the Hammer 125 gr tipped solid with Varget right at 2900 fps. My small PK pretty much eliminated all recoil. 500 yard accuracy tests were simply effortless. Great little rifle for anyone.

Only issue, darn bolts on the wrong side for this old man!!😳😁

Recent Posts