APR Maverick

nhenry

Those who have one… give me the rundown. How do you like it? Does APR do a good job in all departments?

I’m looking at getting my first high end, professionally made rifle. I have customs that I’ve pieced together from various smiths and my own hard labor, but I’ve never had one smith put together an entire rifle for me.

All info is helpful.

I’ve had them in the past. Great builds. Not crazy about the ag stocks used in the maverick. They use mostly Anti’s on the maverick action. The work of the build is meticulous and could not be improved much. That all said I have 3 in the back of the safe that I don’t shoot anymore mainly because I build to my specs desired and want now. Their rifles all shoot as good as any when reloading. I say that because I never shoot factory. Most all their chambers are saami chambers. Great people to work with for sure is always a plus.

Last edited:
I have a Maverick in 300 Weatherby, Defiance Tenacity action. Shoots three 200 grain factory Nosler Accubonds in the same hole. Paid like $2800 for it to be built new, I should have stopped there. Great rifles and people to deal with, you won’t be disappointed! Good luck!

I’ve had them in the past. Great builds. Not crazy about the ag stocks used in the maverick. They use mostly Anti’s on the maverick action. The work of the build is meticulous and could not be improved much. That all said I have 3 in the back of the safe that I don’t shoot anymore mainly because I build to my specs desired and want now. Their rifles all shoot as good as any when reloading. I say that because I never shoot factory. Most all their chambers are saami chambers. Great people to work with for sure is always a plus.
That is good news. What did you not like about the AG Hunter stock?

Nothing really bad. It’s not a bad stock. Serves most people well. Mine were all alpines and one chalk branch. Did not like the chalk. The alpine wasn’t bad. I wasn’t crazy about the fore end. Kinda deep tall and a boxed like flat bottom. Just something about the feel of them when you shoot them. Nothing like my manners or mdt’s. They just have that solid shooting feel about them.

I’ve got one built with an Anti,300 WM. No complaints it’s a solid .5 moa shooter even with factory Nosler Trophy Grade 180 Accubonds.

Does anybody know who is making their new action that they’re using on the Mavericks these days?
I would also like to know because I did an internet search and could not find anything. I did email them this weekend to see if they still offer the Defisnce Tenacity action. I bet they do at an additional cost since these actions have increased in price.

FWIW, I like the Ag Composite stock!

APR makes a Bada$$ rifle. About 2.5 hours away from me so me and my dad have used them for several rifles. Reasonable price for a custom and easy to deal with in my experience.