Aoudad Hunting Info

Bran743

Hey guys and gals. Myself and a buddy are looking for info on doing a West Texas Aoudad hunt. We are trying to do a DIY hunt. We don't mind paying for land access but the guided hunts are pretty pricey.

Would anyone know where we can start looking?

-Brandon

whew I know this is pretty old but check 2coolfishing. Its a fishing forum based out of texas. there is a hunting section and somebody there may could help ya out.

I just replied to a different post on this but try mike westtexashunt.com. they always take nice aoudad and he books quickly. he is on texashuntingforum a lot and has lots of reviews

I've been wanting to do a DIY aoudad hunt as well. Will have to check it out. I see way to many high fenced places selling aoudad hunts.

Free range West Texas aoudad are unbelievable to hunt. I used to chase them all over the Big Bend area. DIY hunts were all over the place. Now, $$$ and guides have taken over. Big sheep are the craze. Very hard to get a DIY hunt. Contact Texas Parks and Wildlife office for a biologist around Alpine. They may be able to point you towards a ranch with sheep problems. Sheep are becoming over populated in many areas.

I used to hunt a ranch between Alpine and Marathon. Large herds and ranch manager hated them. 500.00 a sheep and kill all you want. He's gone and now 3500.00 + a sheep

Free range West Texas aoudad are unbelievable to hunt. I used to chase them all over the Big Bend area. DIY hunts were all over the place. Now, $$$ and guides have taken over. Big sheep are the craze. Very hard to get a DIY hunt. Contact Texas Parks and Wildlife office for a biologist around Alpine. They may be able to point you towards a ranch with sheep problems. Sheep are becoming over populated in many areas.

I used to hunt a ranch between Alpine and Marathon. Large herds and ranch manager hated them. 500.00 a sheep and kill all you want. He's gone and now 3500.00 + a sheep
What's his name or the ranch name.