Anyone else doing this.

royinidaho

Chuck up a nylon NOT a brass/bronze brush of the proper caliber and clean the inside of the neck and see if you think you can get away without lube.

Switched to this method quite awhile ago and am satisfied.

I guess this begs the question, should I be satisfied?

I use a nylon brush, but I don't run through enough cases at a given sitting to substantiate setting up the drill, etc. I can find no fault with the nylon brush.

[ QUOTE ]
Ultrasonic will take that crap out...no brush needed

[/ QUOTE ]

You've gotta stop this!!!! I'm going to have to go out and buy one!!!!

OK, OK OK,

There that 's my best imitation of /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif whoever he was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I'm with Bill, what unit , where to buy how mucho dineros ?

Jim

Jimm here is a link to the report jb did on the ultrasonic cleaning method. Link
Looks pretty cool. May have to give it a try myself.

Sorry -- missed this Jim -- check the link above, has lots of info and pics /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

JB

Works great, used to drop em in at shift start, pull em at lunch. Definatly squewky clean. Side benefit of working on turbines.. All the neat tools and compounds.. Miss the borescope too... Ahh the good ol days. After reading Jasons article, thought I'd add I just used what was in it, standard stodderd solvent... Took longer, tho...

If you have access, use it, works great..

Rod

yea but, wouldn't the nylon brush be faster. I reload 50 to a 100 at a setting?

Also I'm not a clean freak, but I do clean the primer pockets and when I get a bushing die I won't even mess with the inside of the necks. Or is that a bad thing?

I don't tumble cases but clean the outside of the neck w/GM Top Engine stuff. Best I've found, so far....

Roy, Roy , Roy ,

You are swimming upstream /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Get you a vibrator /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif or JB will hound you to the ends of the earth /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Jim Brown

Nay! Nay! Patrucio, thou shalt never taint me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(a little Shakespeer or was it Shakesierra, on ya) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I wish that we had the "rolling on the floor " graemlins at times and ...........this is one of them !!!!:D /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif You are too funny Roy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However , I think there is a ultrasonic in my future /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

May your celebration of the birth of Christ be filled with joy !

Jim Brown

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.