Anyone been using an Aero solus?

cm1021

I know these are newer actions, but i wasn't sure if anyone had some time behind one. I ordered a barreled action and got it in yesterday. Ive been wanting to do a budget .308 build and with the sales this padt weekend I decided to try one out.

First impressions are pretty good. Right put of the box the bolt doesn't feel gritty or anything. Once i drop it in a chassis I think I will have a better feel. The 60° bolt throw is what really intrigued me. Might take sone getting used to, but I think I will like it.

I had a gunsmith install a Krieger barrel on a Solus action last year in 6mm Creedmoor. It's my most accurate rifle other than my short range benchrest competition rifle.

I have the action sitting waiting for Manner's to finish my PH stock, ordered 11/14/2023, should be getting close. I have Snowy Mountain Rifles, MDT and Hawkins M5 bottom metals to choose from and enough 3 and 5 round 308 and WSM magazines to choke a mule or 3. I just need to decide on what to build S/A wise. I have been anxious to get started with this build, but not in any rush.

Both the 22 and the 25 Creedmoor have my attention for now.