Any Experience with these

bamban

I have a couple of Kenetrecks, a couple of Lowas, and Scarpa, all of them are loose on the heels. I even sent mountain extreme back to tighten the heels, still loose. Not to mention being heavy.

I saw these being advertised, I wonder if any of you own a pair and give me your feedback.

Thanks.

I have a couple of Kenetrecks, a couple of Lowas, and Scarpa, all of them are loose on the heels. I even sent mountain extreme back to tighten the heels, still loose. Not to mention being heavy.

I saw these being advertised, I wonder if any of you own a pair and give me your feedback.

Thanks.
I asked the same question about a year ago and got one response with some stupid "I like crispy" comment.

I never got them. While I'm in the UA hunting clothing line, I just don't trust their shoes durability from previous experience.

Sorry that's not more helpful. At the time I needed something like a wedged sole (my preference), light for large elevation gain from sub alpine to above (at) tree line. Something like a 17 miles on foot trek, and the was a significant snow line up high.

I ended up just sticking with a new gen of my Altra Lone Peaks in a waterproof version. It has continued to work out for me in and out of season. For that reason, I don't do insulation. My feet would be soaked by the end of the day.

Last edited:
I asked the same question about a year ago and got one response with some stupid "I like crispy" comment.

I never got them. While I'm in the UA hunting clothing line, I just don't trust their shoes durability from previous experience.

Sorry that's not more helpful. At the time I needed something like a wedged sole (my preference), light for large elevation gain from sub alpine to above (at) tree line. Something like a 17 miles on foot trek, and the was a significant snow line up high. I ended up just sticking with a new gen of my Altra Lone Peaks in water proof version. Has continued to work out for me in and out of season. For that reason, I don't do insulation. My feet would be soaked by the end of the day.

Thank you.

The description sounds good, insulated, water resistant hunting boots with the comfort of running shoes with the added bonus of lightness. I may go REI, Cabelas, and others to see if these are stocked locally.

Midway USA has those 400g LPC's on sale now for $199.99 vs $395.00 normal price. Thought they would be too warm but, first 10 miles and they're not too bad. Wearing really thin socks but, Made in Italy seem pretty good boots. Kenetrek Leather Personnel Carrier 8", they look and fit like a $400 boot!

Thanks.
They look comfortable, but don't look like they will last long.
I am a Danner boot guy!

Bought a pair of the uninsulated ones last season. They are very comfortable but definitely are tennis shoe like with more ankle support. Just used them a couple of times on flat ground in SE TX. I haven't tried them on anything steep or side hilling. When I mountain hunt out west I use something like what you already own. The key is to find the best fit for you

I've had a couple pairs of UA hunting boots and won't waste my money on them every again. This was close to 10 years ago, but I still wouldn't bother. I think my feet got wet from dew within a week or two of them being new.

To pile on, UA clothing has always treated me great but their footwear has never stood up. I would avoid.