Another Great Montana Antelope Opener

Monttrap04

Took about five minutes for my crew to fill our doe tags opening morning. I usually figure one to two out of herd is pretty manageable with younger and inexperienced shooters but I guess they have the program figured out because when the dust settled there were four dead goats and five empty cases. My wife took hers at 380 yards with my 6mm-06 and a 105 berger which really impressed the kids...and her husband :)

After we got those cleaned up we met up with our friends and helped her fill her buck tag on a dandy after passing up quite a few small and mediocre bucks.

Later that evening my son gave a broadside coyote a warning shot and then rolled it at 200 on a dead run. Not sure who was more surprised...the coyote, the shooter, or dad :)

Already looking forward to next year. Building some bonus points so hopefully will pull either sex tags next year.
IMG_2059.JPG
IMG_2060.JPG
IMG_2063.JPG
IMG_2064.JPG
IMG_2067.JPG
IMG_2068.JPG
IMG_2077.JPG
IMG_2081.JPG
IMG_E2070.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_E2075.JPG
    IMG_E2075.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 206
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.