Alternative Hip Belt for Eberlestock - assistance needed!

LRshooter6.5

I'm running into an issue. I have a Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 and love it...except the hip belt…I saw Eberlestock offers a padded hip belt but based on reviews it only fits +34 waist. I'm a 30-31" waist so this is a no go. I hunt elk in Wyoming and know from experience a padded hip belt is a must. I also wanted to get the mainframe f1 for hunting this year but if I can't utilize the Eberlestock padded hip belt, I'll have to get creative or change my setup. I'm partial to Eberlestock because of their rifle scabbard. I won't carry my rifle any other way. I hate side of pack carry because it's not protected if I fall and my rifle is too heavy to be on a sling for +6 miles, gaining and loosing +1700 of elevation a day.

Here are my solutions:

1. Attach an alternative brand padded hip belt like the Exo K3 of maybe K4

2. Add padding to standard hip belt. No idea how..(my least favorite option)

3. Ditch Eberlestock all together. Get an Exo pack or some alternative and attach an Eberlestock tactical rifle scabbard to the pack

Any suggestions with first or second hand experience with any of these issues/solutions? Either attaching a differed brand hip belt to an Eberlestock or attaching a scabbard to a hunting pack?

Thanks in advance

Howdy Neighbor,
I too, have a Gunslinger 2 pack and did not find the hip belt (or really anything else about it) to be comfortable. It now is basically used as a range bag.

I have a couple Hill People Gear packs which I really like, and I really like their hip belt, which is available in different waist sizes. I have not tried to attach it to the Gunslinger pack, but I think it might work. I am local to you, you'd be welcome to check it out.

Thanks but I've decided to sell the Eberlestock and get a Kifaru with their scabbard And frame. Much appreciated
I have one of the older Kifaru Ramblers. Like it alot, but it has a little slop. The Eberlestock is good if going lightweight, but anything in it and it just won't do.

I saw a post a few years ago that said Kifaru was going to make it again, but haven't seen it on their site. This was in 2016...Is it sill 2020 🤣