Alaska Bear Hunt

Long Time Long Ranger

I am towing my 28.5 foot cuddy cabin up next spring for some coastal black bear hunting and fishing north and south of Juneau. Lots of big bears on the beaches in the spring. I can pick hunters up in Juneau if anyone is interested. What you got to swap. The hunt would be late May- June.

Cash for food and fuel is always good. A local guy is starting this week on the hvac for my 6400 sq ft house/lodge here in Wyoming. An AZ elk hunt I would do about anything for. Problem is I have been trying to draw a tag there since my last one in about 1989-90 or so when I got one of my 400" bulls. If you can help me there send me a pm and let's talk. Right now I have about 20 years of no Az tag. I did draw a deer tag a few years back and got a 31" 190's beauty on the north side of the grand canyon. Send me a pm and we will try and work something out.

I've wanted to bow hunt a big Alaskan bear since read "Hunting North America's Big Bears" by Thomas Fears. I'll trade cash, good cooked food, and Pennsylvania Whitetails if your interested. That hunt is my dream for the last 40 years.

I just returned from the alaska caribou hunt. Got a nice bull on that one, super tops. The bear hunt is for black bear only. I am not an outfitter so I can't hunt the big brownies although many will be seen while glassing for the black bear. Send me a PM. Should be good stalking on the beaches for bowhunting.

I can't top sniper2 offer but I do have a question. I will soon be moving to Wy and was just wondering what part of the state are you in. I will be living around Sundance. Thanks car

Sniper2, Most people may think that is a joke but I have been on your squirrel hunt and it is fun. I happen to really like squirrel hunting and you are welcome any time. 22 rimfire in the head with iron sights, Top of the big oak. You and Becky just plan on coming out to Wyoming sometime. I should have the house finished by April.

Car, I am way across the state almost to Cody. I am fortunate to live in one of the best hunting and fishing holes in the lower 48. Well, It was anyway until the wolves ate all the game. But so far they haven't learned to fish yet. I wouldn't put it past them though because they have ate most all the elk and will have to learn new tricks soon. I wouldn't want to be any livestock on the open range in the next few years when the wild game has been depleated. There will be a war soon.

Just found ya on the map. I bet you already have plenty of Prairie dogs out that way. I have yotes, roosters, deer, antelope and prairie dogs here. Unfortunately, you most likely have all that too. Unless you want to go on a ride-a-long with a Deputy on an Indian Reservation. It gets pretty exciting sometimes!

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.