Aero solus pistol??

308_Branden

Anyone see aero dropped a bolt action pistol?! Personally I'm a big fan of bolt action pistols, for what they are worth I just think they are fun to shoot suppressed. I hunted with a Remington 700 CP for about a year and the 308 from a short barrel did great on deer and pigs. What do you guys think? What caliber would yall select?

Last edited:
I didn't do an in-depth search but they need to offer a left hand action and chassis for right hand shooters. Believe me, it's much easier and better when ejecting and reloading with pistols.

Enjoy!

;)

Agreed. However, I taught myself to use my left hand as my primary when shooting bolt action handguns. That way you get the most out of the "standard" bolt guns.

I own and shoot quite a few bolt, falling block, and break-open handguns (see my screen name). For what they are offering, I would get the .308 or the 6.5 Creed, and then rebarrel it to a 6 Creed or 7-08, but that is just me.

I believe they do offer it actually from what I saw. With 8.6 all you need is a 338 cal suppressor correct??
Too late for me lol. I've dropped in too much money. Yes, 338 can and you're good to go. You can form brass from creed cases, but honestly, for me anyway, I will just buy 8.6 brass.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in the 8.6 BLK but not a fan of the 1:3 twist. I would use this for subsonic purposes only, but that fast twist forces you to use heavy 338 or monos only (especially if dropping to super sonic rounds). You'll risk shedding jackets on the lower weight projectiles and ruin your can.

I'd be interested in the 8.6 BLK but not a fan of the 1:3 twist. I would use this for subsonic purposes only, but that fast twist forces you to use heavy 338 or monos only (especially if dropping to super sonic rounds). You'll risk shedding jackets on the lower weight projectiles and ruin your can.
For supersonic, you're right on the money. It's not much of an issue for subs though. The twist rate seems to help make typical bullets perform at the subsonic level. For me it's a dedicated subsonic gun. Anything supersonic I'll be grabbing a better supersonic caliber.

No different than loading anything to subsonic. Work your way there without the can. Check paper to make sure you're printing correctly, then enjoy.

A bolt-action pistol like the Remington 700 CP can indeed be quite enjoyable to shoot, especially when suppressed. They offer precise shooting and can be versatile for hunting smaller game like deer and pigs, as you've experienced with the .308 caliber.

You must all be kids ! When I was young we had remington xp-100 and savage made a bolt action pistol also. I never had any experience with the savage but had the xp-100 in 221 fireball. I loved it but here in indiana it was not legal to shoot deer with. Later on they came out with other calibers in it and savage I believe had all kinds of chamberings.

I think they are just cool little guns, some states you can use them for their own special season and let's face it these 12.5 in 308 and 6.5 creeds shoot pretty accurate with enough power to drop something within reasonable distances

Not a bolt action but run a break action in 204 and 6 creed. Tagged a few yotes and an antelope with the 6 creed. The creed is pretty impressive.

Rainier arms makes an 8.6 savage threaded barrel. I ended up with one of them in 8". I'll probably just form 1 it so I don't have to switch the stock back and forth.

I've got the Remington 700 CP in 6.5 Creedmoor and it's impressive. It came with a wrist brace installed and with a suppressor installed, it's one of the best "truck guns" I own. Without the brace, it a true pistol and I often shoot 600 yard KYL plates with it. Without a suppressor, the muzzle blast is pretty loud.