Advice on fly in fishing in Canada?

lineworker81

Does anybody have any advice? Im trying to make my dream fishing trip happen but its overwhelming trying to sort thru all the stuff on the internet. I would like something remote. There may be a total of four people if i can talk everybody into it. Id like to smallmouth fish and maybe catch a few pike or maybe even a muskie. The most appealing thing to me is being in the wilderness and getting to relax and fish away from emails and the phone ringing solid. I would like for the trip to go as smooth as possible. Could anybody recommend who to use if thats possible?

https://ruffossportsmanslodge.com/plan-your-stay/

This place!!!!

I won a trip here through sportsmansnews pro membership, and it was fantastic. I fly fished the whole time, caught multiple pike OVER 40 inches on the fly, lots of walleye, and some decent lake trout too. Great breakfast, Ruffo himself comes and wakes you up with coffee and cookies, shore side lunch over a camp fire in the wilderness every day consisting of fish you caught that morning, beans, onions, and potatoes (excellent lunch) and a fantastic dinner. We even ate moose that one of the guides shot the day before for dinner one night. You fly on a 40ish minute float plane trip from laronge back into the cabin. Totally remote.

We averaged 40 pike a day (on a fly) if you wanted you could catch humdreds of walleye in a day as well. I'll post a video I self filmed of my trip. It is fantastic, the people are great, and it's a memory I will never forget.

Also, I should add the guides are very experienced. The "new guy" as they called him, was on his 20th year guiding from that lodge. I can't recommend Ruffo's enough. My father and I had our own cabin, which had room for 4 or 5 guys. I have done a good bit of fishing too....pike on the fly is just unreal. Something about their uncensored and irrational aggression, they just want to kill ****, and when they hit your fly....it's just fantastic ha ha. Especially top water, they explode.

Those look like two awesome places. I really enjoyed the video looks like alot of fun. I hope everything works out so i can go. Thanks for the replies Looks like the kinda place a guy wont want to leave.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.