7 RSAUM reamer rental questions

Cookie114

I've got a new Tikka 7mm rem mag barrel that I'm going to have my gunsmith cut and rechamber to 7saum. He doesn't have a reamer for that caliber and he's never fooled with reamer rentals. I've never rented one either but I've seen guys on here talking about it. What company is good to use for that?

I've got a new Tikka 7mm rem mag barrel that I'm going to have my gunsmith cut and rechamber to 7saum. He doesn't have a reamer for that caliber and he's never fooled with reamer rentals. I've never rented one either but I've seen guys on here talking about it. What company is good to use for that?
https://4drentals.com/ is where my GS rent if he does not have it.

Last edited:
I've got a new Tikka 7mm rem mag barrel that I'm going to have my gunsmith cut and rechamber to 7saum.
This is insanity.
Your riflesmith is sanctioning pulling a brand new barrel, chopping over 1/2" off the tenon, recutting/threading the tenon back to correct length...then having to dial it all in to recut the chamber; which in the Tikka contour I would have concern about placing the chamber that much further forward into the tapered section of the barrel. That's a LOT of setback.

Do yourself a favor. Find a smith to pull your barrel, sell it as new take-off to someone that wants the 7 mag and spend the few extra bucks on the new blank. I'd charge more to do what you're asking than to chamber and fit a new blank.

Besides... I've got to ask, WHY would you want to go from the 7 mag to the SAUM when you're already in a long action??

This is insanity.
Your riflesmith is sanctioning pulling a brand new barrel, chopping over 1/2" off the tenon, recutting/threading the tenon back to correct length...then having to dial it all in to recut the chamber; which in the Tikka contour I would have concern about placing the chamber that much further forward into the tapered section of the barrel. That's a LOT of setback.

Do yourself a favor. Find a smith to pull your barrel, sell it as new take-off to someone that wants the 7 mag and spend the few extra bucks on the new blank. I'd charge more to do what you're asking than to chamber and fit a new blank.

Besides... I've got to ask, WHY would you want to go from the 7 mag to the SAUM when you're already in a long action??
You sure made alot of assumptions. It's a 300 wsm that doesn't shoot anymore and I've got a guy GIVING me a new 7mag barrel that he pulled for a custom build.

As for why not a 7mag that would be because I don't like the mag restrictions with a 7mag and tikka mags and I'm also cutting the barrel to 20in and running a suppressor. The 7saum is the better choice

Btw, I wasn't asking for input on anything other than reamer rentals. Theres always the ONE guy