7 Days in Eastern Cape South Africa

ADMIN

Administrator
My dad Floyd and my stepmother Janice had been to South Africa twice, and upon their return the second time in 2014 they said they were going back again in 2016. I had always thought that when my dad started going to Africa, it would be very special for me to join him on an African safari. So I told him that I definitely would be going with him and my stepmother in 2016. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, 7 Days in Eastern Cape South Africa, By John Gordanier. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

I just got back from my fourth Namibian hunt in May of this year. If you're like me, you're hooked on hunting plains game in Africa. I've shot the usual suspects like kudu, gemsbok, wildebeest, springboks, waterbuck and eland, plus a few varmints like baboons, jackals and rock hyraxes. With cheap airfares this year, my Namibian trip was cheaper than an elk hunt.

So when are you going back? :D I'm heading over in September for my 5th time.
It's an addiction that's hard to shake.

I go out of Atlanta with Delta, non stop to Joburg, stay over at the City Hotel, right adjacent to the airport and use a travel agency in San Antonio to handle all the paperwork and meet and greet. That way there's no middleman to deal with the firearms. They're taken directly from the airplane to SAP station in the airport for clearance. I've done the Afton House and to me it's a hassle compared to staying at the airport.

I just got back from my fourth Namibian hunt in May of this year. If you're like me, you're hooked on hunting plains game in Africa. I've shot the usual suspects like kudu, gemsbok, wildebeest, springboks, waterbuck and eland, plus a few varmints like baboons, jackals and rock hyraxes. With cheap airfares this year, my Namibian trip was cheaper than an elk hunt.

This is John Gordanier, the guy who wrote the article. You definitely get a lot for your money. Just to hire someone to guide you on an elk hunt where I live in AZ starts at $6000.

So when are you going back? :D I'm heading over in September for my 5th time.
It's an addiction that's hard to shake.

I go out of Atlanta with Delta, non stop to Joburg, stay over at the City Hotel, right adjacent to the airport and use a travel agency in San Antonio to handle all the paperwork and meet and greet. That way there's no middleman to deal with the firearms. They're taken directly from the airplane to SAP station in the airport for clearance. I've done the Afton House and to me it's a hassle compared to staying at the airport.

I'll probably go again someday. Right now it is still fresh in my wife's mind. hehe
Traveling there with the guns was a little bit of a hassle, only because there was so many of us. If it was just me going it would seem not bad at all.
I've heard that staying at City Hotel is very convenient.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.