6mm TCU

Shoalwater

I am thinking of building a 6mm TCU for my boys and had some questions. This will be a gun for both hunting and shooting steel out to say a grand as they get old enough and their capabilities allow. This will only be a 21" bbl in about a bartlein #3 contour with a cut down stock. I'm trying to keep the gun pretty small so they can somewhat handle it. My questions are, can I just use a 6 TCU neck sizing die on new 223 brass and then fire form the case or is there more to it? Is the bbl to short to take advantage of the extra case capacity over the 6X45 or should I just go with the 6X45?

I am very happy with my 6x45, just run brass in the sizing die and load and shoot. I haven't tried it much past 700 yards but was impressed in the prairie dog patch to 700 yards.I used Sierra 75 grain hp varmint bullets with Benchmark,worked great.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.