6/6.5 PRC (6mm PRC)

Justice1327

Does anyone have a 6 PRC?
—(necked down 6.5 PRC)
If so, are you willing to share some load data? Don't need specifics just type of powder , type of bullet and any charge weight that you found to be a good starting load.

Thank you. When I go to the search option and type in 6 PRC, this is not one of the options to look

I have data for the heavier bullets, but I was trying to shoot the 75 to 90 grain bullets. Just wanted to verify the type of powder good starting point. Currently building a GRT cartridge profile so I can use that too.
Helpful info, thanks

Last edited:

Thank you. When I go to the surface option and type in 6 PRC, this is not one of the options to look

I have data for the heavier bullets, but I was trying to shoot the 75 to 90 grain bullets. Just wanted to verify the type of powder good starting point. Currently building a GRT cartridge profile so I can use that too.
Helpful info, thanks
Just based on the case I'm thinking n550 or even n540 or h4350 would be where I'd start.

Thank you. When I go to the surface option and type in 6 PRC, this is not one of the options to look

Helpful info, thanks
You gonna try the vt bullet?

In every case similar to this capacity using light bullets, you can't go past Varget, H4350 for medium/heavy weight bullets.
Sometimes Varget wins at the 100g level, but it can swing in favour of H4350.
My (2) 6.5x47 Lapua cartridges swing with 123g bullets, the target rifle, heavy 30" barrel, likes H4350 and my hunting rifle skinny 24" barrel likes Varget, velocities are similar with either powder in both barrels.

Cheers.

I forgot to mention, have been hunting with Lapua 123g Scenar OTM and Scenar 136g OTM in the 6.5x47, my buddy is running a Scenar 108g OTM in his 6x47. Another 6mm Scenar bullet he uses is the 90g Scenar-L, although a target bullet, pigs fall to them easily.
I haven't used anything else except 129g Nosler ABLR in mine, they grouped into 3/4 to 1MoA but I didn't take it further, only used 1 powder being H4350. I also had run out of WLR primers at the time and used Fed 210, I believe WLR primers would have tightened the group some.

Cheers.

Recent Posts