6.5 Creed and Vihtavuori N560 under 143 ELD-X

KyleC

This combo in my gun shoots in the 1's. I'm at 44.0 grains of N560. Not much data out there on this combo. ES is 11.3 and SD is 4.5. Any reason NOT to use this powder? Can anyone run Quickload and see where I'm at?

This combo in my gun shoots in the 1's. I'm at 44.0 grains of N560. Not much data out there on this combo. ES is 11.3 and SD is 4.5. Any reason NOT to use this powder? Can anyone run Quickload and see where I'm at?

I don't understand what you need, if the gun is shooting then what is quickload going to tell you that your rifle isn't?

I don't understand what you need, if the gun is shooting then what is quickload going to tell you that your rifle isn't?
A friend is breaking in a new 22CM, and at around 20 rounds he ends the session with three you could cover with a pencil eraser. I can't remember the powder bullet combo, but that evening he was on the internet, and someone said that bullet powder combo was no good, so, the next day he was at a mutual friend's where he does his reloading, and he said he needed to find another bullet, powder combo because someone said on the internet what he was using would not work. Our mutual friend is a pretty straight forward fellow so I can't say on here all the words he used, but the gist was why are you listening to an internet jack wagon when your rifle is speaking clearly it loves the load? I'm not saying go off the rails and go way above maximum or something like that, but if your rifle likes it, you should love it, just saying.

I think its a trend where they dabble in unknown territory and then want to know if its safe

I don't use QL ever I think it's stupid. The rifle I would assume isnt having pressure signs or issues. Shooting very good numbers, I don't the know speed but the SD and ES are good. How would QL be different than what the brass or bolt lift would tell?

I don't use QL ever I think it's stupid. The rifle I would assume isnt having pressure signs or issues. Shooting very good numbers, I don't the know speed but the SD and ES are good. How would QL be different than what the brass or bolt lift would tell?
I have a friend who uses it exclusively to model his loads. He does well with it. I have never used it. He has argued with my method and said my loads should not work. .5 or better, SD in the singles, es in the teens, large sample groups, no issue getting brass to last....... I don't get it.

when ql gets tweaked to know numbers, it does prove useful.

here's what i don't know how to adjust for...................PRIMER TYPES (HEAT)

here's what need to be known for more accurate numbers

velocity
case capacity