$500 to $1000 light weight, 18x or up, decent low light, best choices?

cdherman

I am trying to scope up a small gun that shoots very well. I'd hate to defeat the 6.1 lb gun by strapping a 2 lb scope to it.

So a scope in the 20oz range, give or take, would be nice.

I" is OK -- but 30mm is fine too. Have 30 mm rings, would invest in Burris Zee rings and tilt a 1" scope.

Needs turrets.

Low light is desired, but not paramount.

18x o rmore, up to wherever you can argue can be done right in a 20 oz range. (plus minus 5 or so)

I've been reading for hours over several days. I get more confused all the time....

Bushnell has a Elite 6500 in a couple of scopes with amazing magnification, light weight. Conquest 6.5-20x50 is pretty nice. Read a lot about Meopro 6-18x50

I don't completely understand the pros and cons to FFP scopes. I do have a Conquest 4.5x14 that I like very much.

Leaning away from Leupolds as I have the feeling they are not a "value" leader. For the money, seems one can do better....

Well, help me a little here. Sorry for yet another thread, but could not find one that just matched my needs, at least in recent years....

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.