#5 contour in H-S sporter stock?

str8shoot

I need to get my barrel ordered for my 7 mag build. I am thinking of going with a Mcgowen in a #5 fluted contour 26". Anyone put a #5 in a H-S precision Remington 700 LA sporter stock. Just want to make sure it will work without having to remove too much of the barrel channel.
Mcgowen makes several #5s to match other barrel manufacturers contours. Any recommendation which will work best? I think a fluted #5 would be a little better than a #4 for both stiffness and aesthetics. A #4 would however be cheaper as I wouldn't need to flute.
I'm trying to keep my barrel under 4lbs. I'm thinking the factory 24" mag barrel is about 3lbs and want about another pound of barrel weight. Thanks.

That's a good contour for a carry rifle but still heavy enough to perform for a long range setup. You shouldn't have to remove too much with that contour. I've put NBRSA hunter (sraight tapers) in the H-S sporter).....Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.