$3k to $4k and the way foward (help)

Asquared

I have started to get into the addictive world of long range hunting and shooting and have come to a point where I would like some more advice from those that have been there and done that, and that are overall more experienced.

I will list the current set up I have and then would like to know what everyone else would do in my situation. My overall goal is to have a rifle that I can confidently shoot game (elk/deer) out to (max) 1000 yards.

For my next purchase I was thinking of the Swarovski EL 10x42 range finder/binoculars combo that runs about $3k, however, I am hesitant to pull the trigger (ha ha) on the purchase because I am wondering if there is another purchase that should take priority given my current set up, and the direction it should go.

What I have/ have done so far....

Remington 700, 7mm Mag BDL, Walnut stock. (everything is factory).

Barrel is free floated, done by me. Gun shoots 3/4 MOA at a 100 yrds. (factory barrel, but it is good).

Up graded the scope to a 5.5 x 22 x 56 Nightforce, with MOAR.

I still need rings and proper long action rail (suggestions?).

I invested in the Nightforce Xball ballistics program.

I have a Harris Bi pod, a good back pack and that's about it.

So what do the experts think? in a priority list? Stock?, barrel?, reloading equipment? optics? I just want some advice on where I should spend some money next? If this is your set up and you had $4k to put into it what would you do next?

Thanks,

Asquared

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.