• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Lapua Ack Imp (original 3000 yd praire dog gun)

BountyHunter

Here it is the original 3000 yard praire dog gun orignally build by Kraig Slack in Colorada. He and Nadine Perry used this gun for the first recorded hit at 3000 yards on praire dog and wrote a series of articles for Varmint Hunter mag. I bought the gun from Nadine Perry.

Custom Rampro action (Large 700 style). Bolt just reblued and polished. Rampro is still in business in Col and parts available. Production was stopped to changeover to all CNC machining
8" split barrel block
34" Lilja barrel with muzzle brake and 300 rds through it.
Lone wolf stock (6 coats of clear) 4" wide with front rails and real block
Unertl BV 20X scope with 1/4 MOA click setup. Enough elevation to go well past one mile. This scope($700)as rebuilt 2 yrs ago by Unertl, cleaned with new springs and this included the front and rear mounts. External adjustments instead of internal,but MOA is not limited and best optics made.

Scope is mounted on custom built rail on the block but you can change to 1/8 MOA clicks or even go to standard bases.

Comes with 300+ 300 gr SMKs sorted by weight and ogive
98 pieces of Lapua brass (fired 3x)
Original Dave Kiff reamer and go/no go guages
Custom Neil Jones dies ($300)

Been shooting only at 2875 fps but it can easily go 3000 fps with 300 gr SMKs.

Shipped in extra long aluminum case ($300)

Weight is in high 20 lb range.

$3000 shipped and insured to your ffl

BH

URL=http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c44/BountyHunter2/338/Picture014.jpg]
th_Picture014.jpg
[/URL]

BH,

Do you have any loading data for this rifle? The 300 SMK is the bullet but what powder and weight?

Thanks,

BH

Boss Hoss

I am loading MRP2 right now in the low 90 grains. Gives 2875 with 300 SMKs. I am sure that it will go up into the 97 gr area and over 3000 fps. Right now it just shot two 9" 10 shot groups at 1000 w/o the brake this fall when I used it in a match to see what it would do. Cannot use brake in IBS 1000 yard heavy gun.

It was not tuned to shoot without the brake and it is a beast without the brake.

Round count is under 400.

Lucky buyer might be able to buy some MRP2 off me also. Have about 8 lbs left I think, maybe more would have to check.

BH

BH---Thanks you answered my next question about weight! The recoil would be a little stout for a 1000 BR gun.

BH