• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 338 Edge

E4aker

I'm going to try to sell a few rifles and hopefully will be able to have a chey-tac wildcat built this year.

First rifle is a Savage Single Shot 338-300 ultra. Specs are:

Savage 110 action
HS Precision Stock
SSS Recoil Lug
30" stainless steel select match barrel 1.055 at the muzzle
3 groove 11 degree crown
adjustable cheek piece
20 moa farrell base

101_0006.jpg

101_0007.jpg

101_0009.jpg

Rifle shoots sierra 300 MK's into .25 moa very consistently. Around 200 rds. total through barrel. I have dies,brass, bullets, powder, primers for additional costs if wanted. I'll try to post a picture. Adj. cheek piece has been added since pic. Asking $1100 for rifle Thanks, Earl

Last edited:
I'm having trouble posting pictures. I'll be able to take some new ones tomorrow and email them to you. thanks

What's recoil like? I'm considering this as a new caliber for my Savage, I see you have no muzzlebrake.

That would be great. I look forward to the pics. What kind of dies and do you have for it and how many bullets and brass? 300gr SMK's is the only bullet I would like.

thanks

Lucas

Recoil is very managable. It kicks about the same as my sendero 300 RUM with 180's. I'm 6'6" and 285lbs, so I'm not real recoil sensitive. I have been using standard 338 Ultra RCBS dies, and adjusting them to just bump the shoulder. It's been working great. I think I have 3 unopened boxes of the 300 gr. sierra's of the same lot number and a few loaded rounds. The load I have been using is 92 gr. H1000 with Nosler brass, CCI 250, and a 300SMK.

Looks like it's gonna sell, but if you ever part it out I might be able to find something in trade for the barrel.

What model HS Precision stock is on the rifle?

I was not aware that HS offered a stock for a Savage...

Thanks,

Doug

ROCK, don't worry about sending me the pics. I will not be able to purchase the rifle. We just paid our taxes and that put a bigger dent in my toy fund then I had hoped. Gorgeous rifle though.

Lucas

Stock is actually a LRPV stock that has been modified with a new front pillar and bedded with Devcon steel putty. Stock has full length bedding block and works out great on this rifle. I have added a Karsten adjustable cheek piece with pad that is quite nice. I took some updated pics today. Bipod is not included. Thanks

Man that thing is exactly what I want, being in high school (broke) sucks. That setup is basically the same thing I have been dreaming about.

What does it weigh? How would you compare the recoil to a 300 Win Mag, or hot 45-70 if you have shot one? I can shoot the 300 fine, my deer guns are a 7mm RM (not bad) and a 45-70 (gets up there with hot loads). I can only take a couple shots from prone with 45-70, 300 grains going 2300 fps from a 6.5 lb rifle left a bruise during deer season when I shot off a couple real quick.

Last edited:
Tyler,

The rifle's recoil doesn't bother me at all. I prefer not to shoot a Brake due to me being half deaf in my left ear as a result of shooting a braked 300 win mag hundreds of times in my early days without hearing pretection (stupid)I always wear it now.....but sometimes in the field it's just impossible. Recoil is relative to the firearm and not just the cartridge. This rifle has a prettry good PUSH...but it's not painful. I have shot a sporter contour 300 RUM with 180gr. factory loads that HURT to shoot. I haven't weighed the rifle but would say it's around 12.5-13lbs without the optics. Wish I could sell it to you for less, but I have alot more in it then what I'm asking for it.

I'll talk to dad...if I get a 31 on my ACT I get a custom rig, this is perfect. I'll be taking the ACT as soon as possible, but it's still a ways off.

Could you PM me or email me at [email protected] if it sells?

Rock,

I'll take it pending final cost! Also intrested in the extra's. How much for everything. Could do without powder/primers or loaded rounds if it ups shipping $ I'll send you a PM with E-mail to discuss shipping and payment method.

Brian