• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SELLER: 308Allimax

6.5x284tony

Regretfully, i have some bad news. I have never had any trouble or had a bad deal on this site. On August 24th, I posted a "I will take it pending barrel contour confirmation" on a McMillan stock from this member. I sent him a pm requesting pictures and the before-mentioned confirmation on the Remington Sendero contour. At 10:28 am, he sent a pic of the stock. At 3:09 pm I replied with a email saying that I would take the stock as long as the contour was correct. At 7:46 pm that evening, he replies with an email asking me to call him, so I did later that evening. He confirmed that the contour was indeed correct, but failed to abide by the forum rules by not saying that shipping was extra. After a short visit, i agreed to pay shipping. So that night, Thursday, he says that he will get a shipping cost the next day and let me know. Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning rolls around, no contact from him. I texted him asking "What's the latest on the stock" this was at 4:49pm today. At 5:17 he replies with this. "Tony, another member asked what you paid, and offered a price I could not refuse. Sorry for the inconvenience on my Part". I tried calling and texting Kevin Garcia, AKA"308allimax" with not response what so ever. I guess what even bothers me worse, is that one of our own members would go behind the scenes to cut another members throat like this....

Tony.

This situation is a tough one for me. I can't tell you how many times I have had people tell me they would buy an item, ask all kinds of questions, ask me to send additional pics, verify specs, even give me their shipping info and everything else only to never send funds. In my mind an item isn't sold until funds are sent and I am going to continue to pursue leads until I get funds.

I'm in no way saying that this deal was your fault or that you got treated fairly but from a sellers standpoint it is really hard to know sometimes if guys are really serious about buying and sometimes you have to make a decision on that. Maybe it wasn't the correct one here but I sure don't see any dishonesty. Likely its just unfortunate circumstances.

My 2 cents.

This situation is a tough one for me. I can't tell you how many times I have had people tell me they would buy an item, ask all kinds of questions, ask me to send additional pics, verify specs, even give me their shipping info and everything else only to never send funds. In my mind an item isn't sold until funds are sent and I am going to continue to pursue leads until I get funds.

I'm in no way saying that this deal was your fault or that you got treated fairly but from a sellers standpoint it is really hard to know sometimes if guys are really serious about buying and sometimes you have to make a decision on that. Maybe it wasn't the correct one here but I sure don't see any dishonesty. Likely its just unfortunate circumstances.

My 2 cents.

Thanks Scot, how was supposed to sent payment without knowing the shipping amount. He was supposed to call me back the next day with a total, and the money order would have gone out the next day. Why do you have mixed emotions about this?

Tony.

I stated why I have mixed emotions above. It's because I feel your pain but on the other hand a sale isn't complete until payment is sent. So your upset because he didn't accept your offer. I don't think he has to. Can't a seller decide who he is comfortable selling to? Can't a seller choose to sell to the highest bidder? Can't a seller have the right to determine how serious or how much of a pain in the butt a buyer may be and whether that is worth it to him or not?

A buyer has a right to say "I'll take it" and then never send payment. Happens all the time. In my mind a seller has the right to decide which offer to accept.

Again, I get your side of it. You were serious, you wanted the item, you wished there was more loyalty from him because of those things.

You let 4 days go by before contacting him again. That's not on him. Buying in the classifieds is not like other buying experiences. Communication is the hardest part as is knowing who is really serious and who isn't. Possibly more pro-activeness on your end might have sealed the deal? A buyer can sell to whomever he wishes and like I stated before has to make judgement calls on each seller. I just hate it when negative feedback like this are posted when in my mind there was no dishonesty and the transaction was never even completed. It seems like a case of lack of follow through, poor communication, and maybe some unsure feeling on both parties.

Sounds to me with all the issues that it may be a good thing in the long run that it didn't go through. This is a much better outcome than big issues after the sale. Just my experience.

This post from the classified section showing suggested guidelines for buying and selling sums up my feelings. Number 5 is specifically applicable here.

Five Most Important Tips for BUYERS

1. Don't buy expensive items if the seller does not provide good photos or a complete description. Copy the text of the ad and write down any additional communications with the seller.

2. Check the seller's feedback and ask plenty of questions. Absolutely do NOT purchase any item from a seller who will not provide a valid return address or phone number.

3. With rifles, stocks, and electronic items, insist on a reasonable inspection period. 3-5 business days is reasonable for a gun or stock.

4. Insist that the item is insured and tracked. Make sure you understand whether buyer or seller pays for shipping, insurance, and tracking.

5. Don't go ballistic if you post "I'll take it" and you don't get the deal. The seller may have received other offers by Private Message, email or other mode of communication. The seller also has the right to evaluate details of the transaction (and your offer) before committing to sell. Remember, if you never paid anything you don't have a loss. Man up and move on. Don't post negative feedback simply because you didn't snag a bargain.

Here's another one that may be helpful.

"I'll Take It" vs. "Meeting of the Minds" -- Many buyers are disappointed when they post "I'll take it" and the deal doesn't go through, or the item sells to someone else. What buyers need to realize is that there has to be a "meeting of the minds" between buyer and seller on all the material (important) terms of the transaction before the seller is obligated to sell. Price is only one term. There are many other factors that may need to be worked out. For example, the gun may not be legal to ship to a particular jurisdiction. Or, the cost of shipping may exceed what the would-be buyer is willing to pay. While it is always disappointing to lose a good deal, shoppers can avoid disappointment (and keep their blood pressure at safe levels) if they realize that simply posting "I'll take it" does not, normally, close the deal.

You need to go back and read a little closer. I agreed to pay asking price. The deal was done. He was going to call back with the total with shipping the next day. It was up to him to call back the next day with the total, not for me to continue calling him asking what the total was. How did I know that he did not get sick, have to leave town etc etc. He broke the deal PERIOD! the worst part about the whole deal was someone contacted him offering to pay more after the deal was done. That's not how we deal here on LRH, although maybe that's how you operate!

Did you read the info I posted from the LRH classifieds? Those are the guidelines from this site!
It specifically disputes everything you just stated.

If you want to get fussy about it. The guidelines also say that if you aren't a buyer or seller not to post in the feedback section. Well, in this case you weren't the buyer so you really shouldn't be posting anything.

5. Don't go ballistic if you post "I'll take it" and you don't get the deal. The seller may have received other offers by Private Message, email or other mode of communication. The seller also has the right to evaluate details of the transaction (and your offer) before committing to sell. Remember, if you never paid anything you don't have a loss. Man up and move on. Don't post negative feedback simply because you didn't snag a bargain.

• Always add your feedback about a buyer to the existing thread regarding your feedback as a seller.
  • Always add your feedback about a seller to the existing thread regarding your feedback as a buyer.
  • If you are not a buyer or a seller, do NOT post comments in any feedback thread (they will be deleted).

Len or Moderator, if you feel that this post is not justified, please delete. I got my point across.

Do not deal with 308Allimax.

Thanks!

Tony.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.