300WM LOAD DEVELOPMENT

Is there a reason you don't have avg velocity and group size on your cards?

IMO, Sd from 7-9 will be fine for most of us.

I look at 100yd accuracy, sd and muzzle velocity. Seems like you have decent mv and sd….so, is accuracy under 0.75"?

You left out a lot of info. 1 st fired brass? you can get up to 100 fps velocity gain in 300 WM once brass is fired formed.How many shots down the tube? Gunwrecks use pretty good barrels and the velocity will start to pick up around 300 shots down the tube. You are only jumping up .2 grains at a time and on a extruded powder you will not notice any velocity change like you would on a ball powder. Increase your loads on H1000 .8 grains when ladder testing. I have gotten 3,150 fps with 78.5 of H1000 on a 175 gr sierra HP. I Use IMR 4831 now on 300 WM on 175 gr Sierras since it is easier to find and get 3,200 fps with virgin Peterson brass.
Like you , i found it easier to get IMR 4831 and my magnum rifles seem to like it .
How many grains are you using to get that velocity ?

I'd try another powder, maybe bullet too, since your spreads are pretty high across the board. I don't think I'd be terribly happy with those numbers. Different primer maybe? Idk, I'd be doing more development if I was getting those numbers. How many rounds down that barrel now? Really sucks that you sheered a base screw.

Still hard to believe you are not seeing increase in FPS when you increase powder charge.
I have two pet loads for my 300WM with 180 gr Nosler Accubond. 24" barrel 1-12
80gr Reloader 26=3130 75gr Reloader 22 =3110 both with 215M.
Both very accurate
That's about what I get with 79.3 gr of H1000, 180 Accubonds, 26" barrel at 3100 fps sd of 8, es of 15 shooting under 1/2 moa at five hundred yards, 210M primers are more consistent in my rifle

You left out a lot of info. 1 st fired brass? you can get up to 100 fps velocity gain in 300 WM once brass is fired formed.How many shots down the tube? Gunwrecks use pretty good barrels and the velocity will start to pick up around 300 shots down the tube. You are only jumping up .2 grains at a time and on a extruded powder you will not notice any velocity change like you would on a ball powder. Increase your loads on H1000 .8 grains when ladder testing. I have gotten 3,150 fps with 78.5 of H1000 on a 175 gr sierra HP. I Use IMR 4831 now on 300 WM on 175 gr Sierras since it is easier to find and get 3,200 fps with virgin Peterson brass.
Rifle has over 300 shots through it. All brass is fire formed, shot once.

Like you , i found it easier to get IMR 4831 and my magnum rifles seem to like it .
How many grains are you using to get that velocity ?
IMR 4831- 73.8 ( hodgdon shows 75.5 max),cci-250 primers , 26 in barrel, 60 degree day. That's on the 175 matchking HP I don't think you will get that velocity on a 180 gr.

I look at 100yd accuracy, sd and muzzle velocity. Seems like you have decent mv and sd….so, is accuracy under 0.75"?
N

Thank you. I haven't put anything on paper yet. I'm loading for multiple rifles and just been looking for velocity nodes. Now that I've got some good SD and ES loads for the 300WM I'm going to put them on paper. The 264WM is being much more finick.

IMR 4831- 73.8 ( hodgdon shows 75.5 max),cci-250 primers , 26 in barrel, 60 degree day. That's on the 175 matchking HP I don't think you will get that velocity on a 180 gr.
I'm only using 71 g IMR 4831 as thats where i was getting best accuracy , also using 175 g bullets .

N

Thank you. I haven't put anything on paper yet. I'm loading for multiple rifles and just been looking for velocity nodes. Now that I've got some good SD and ES loads for the 300WM I'm going to put them on paper. The 264WM is being much more finick.
I think I would finish the load before making a turret.