300 SS scores back to back 1100 yards+

I'd like to know a little more about that knife.
Canvas micarta, swept plunge line, full flat grind with a subtle drop.
Looks like a knife that a hunter would build. I wonder what steel he used?
Nice job on the critters too.
The maiden trip for the knife was sure a good way to test it out. You are right about the handle. As for the steel I cant remember what it is. My brother makes knives for me.

Great shooting and awesome elk and mulie! I'm happy to see the 225 ELD is working well for you. Did you figure out what was causing your shots to go high on the bull?
I'm going to have to say it was from a fall I took. I felt like i saved the rifle from the pain i took for it haha but it must have still been tweaked a little. I am going to shoot it this week and see where the zero is now compared to before I left.
The 225 has really done well. Those big elk can take a beating for sure.

Finally found 3 minutes of time to myself and was able to weigh the piece of the core I found under the off-side hide after smashing through hide, meat, lungs, ribs, off-side elbow, and a little more meat. It ended up weighing 81.6 grains and I put the pencil eraser next to it for scale.
20181024_182723.jpg

Great job, man. The success is a testament to your hard work and practice. I blew what should have been a relatively easy 650 yard shot on a bull because I didn't make practice a priority going into my hunt.

Again, well done.

Thanks again for the compliments guys!!!
Great job, man. The success is a testament to your hard work and practice. I blew what should have been a relatively easy 650 yard shot on a bull because I didn't make practice a priority going into my hunt.

Again, well done.

I do feel really fortunate to have steel hung to just over 500 yards that I can shoot from the deck and a walk across the street to shoot as far as I care to.
Thats too bad to hear about your misfortune. It can be really hard to find time with life to shoot as much as wanted. I definitely feel the pain of time crunches.

Sorry for the delay but here is the picture of the comparison between the original (translucent tip) vs the new (opaque tip) 225 eld-m. The measurements were taken with a hornady comparator.
20181109_131138.jpg

Thats pretty wild. Have you contacted them to see whats going on and if the change is here to stay?

How about your dope? Did you have the change your BC?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.